Yes, melted cheese quesadillas are all you need! With the Air Fryer, it is even easier to make this tasty snack or even dinner. So are you ready to learn how to make Air Fryer cheese quesadillas? Let’s get started!
Cheese Quesadillas can be made with any type of cheese but to be honest some cheese works better than others.
These quesadillas taste best when you select Mexican cheese like Chihuahua or Oaxaca cheese.
They melt really easy and have those lovely cheese strings when you pull up a piece of the quesadilla.
If you are not able to get these Mexican cheese you can substitute them with cheese like Gouda, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella.
A combination of cheeses is also a good idea. Shred your own cheese if possible. It stays fresh longer and tastes better.
When you make quesadillas in the Air Fryer it is possible that the tortillas will swirl in the basket.
To prevent this put the trivet rack on top of the quesadillas to keep them down.
Cheese Quesadillas Ingredients
To make Air Fryer cheese quesadillas you need only a handful of ingredients so have the following ready when you start:
- Medium-sized flour tortillas
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chihuahua, Oaxaca, or mozzarella shredded
- Olive oil or butter
How To Make Air Fryer Cheese Quesadillas
To make this recipe start with preheating your Air Fryer to 350℉ for 5 minutes.
Put the olive oil in a bowl and brush one side of the tortillas. You can also use butter for this.
Turn the tortillas and lay them on a cutting board.
Divide the cup of cheese across the two tortillas. Finely chop the cherry tomato and sprinkle them on top of the cheese.
Cover the cheese with the second tortilla, olive oil brushed side up.
Either put a toothpick in the quesadilla to prevent the top tortilla from swirling through the Air Fryer or put a trivet on top.
Now put the quesadilla in the Air Fryer and close the basket.
Cook the quesadilla for 4 minutes and take it out of the basket. Cut the cheese quesadilla into 6 equal pieces.
Repeat for the remaining cheese quesadilla and serve immediately.
How To Store Leftover Air Fryer Cheese Quesadillas
If you have leftover quesadillas you have various ways to store them all the prevent the quesadillas from drying out:
- Food container – let the quesadillas cool completely and cut them into wedges to fit the airtight food container
- Ziploc bag – when the bag is big enough you can add the whole quesadillas to the Ziploc bag and seal the bag
- Foil – wrap the leftover quesadillas in aluminum foil or plastic wrap
You can either put the leftover quesadillas in the fridge for a couple of days or if you want to keep them longer put them in the freezer.
How To Reheat Leftover Cheese Quesadillas
Cheese quesadillas are always best when served fresh when baked.
Leftover quesadillas can easily be heated in a number of ways:
- Air Fryer – if you have an Air Fryer you can either warm the quesadillas wrapped in aluminum foil for 5 minutes on 350℉ or without for 5 minutes at 300℉
- Oven – you can also reheat quesadillas in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375℉ and add the quesadillas wrapped in aluminum foil so the quesadillas will not get hard and dry
- Skillet – heat the quesadillas in a nonstick skillet on low heat until they are heated through
Serve Air Fryer Cheese Quesadillas With
You have loads of options to serve with quesadillas they are so versatile and taste yummy no matter what. Take a look at these side dishes:
- Mexican potatoes
- Cheesy green beans
- Honey garlic carrots
- Mexican fries
- Mashed potatoes
- Mexican rice
- Mushroom rice
More Quesadilla Recipe
If you like quesadillas then you should definitely try these as well:
- Oven-baked chicken quesadillas – contain way fewer calories than pan-fried quesadillas
- Chicken quesadillas – a little spicy these chicken quesadillas are great to serve for dinner
- Breakfast quesadillas – made with two ways of eggs
- Avocado shrimp quesadillas – crispy, easy to make, and delicious
- Mushroom spinach quesadilla – healthy with loads of spinach, mushrooms, and a little cheese
- Egg quesadillas – whip up an omelet and turn it into a great quesadilla
- Beef quesadillas – great to serve these quesadillas for lunch or dinner
I hope you give these Air Fryer cheese quesadillas a try!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Yes, you can make the best quesadillas in the Air Fryer. with your cheese. Air Fryer cheese quesadillas are super easy to make and so tasty!
- 4 medium-sized flour tortillas
- 1 cherry tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheese like Chihuahua, Oaxaca, or mozzarella shredded
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 350℉ for 5 minutes
- Put the olive oil in a bowl and brush one side of the tortillas or brush with butter. Turn the tortillas and lay them on a cutting board
- Divide the cup of cheese across the two tortillas. Finely chop the cherry tomato and sprinkle half on top of the cheese
- Cover the cheese with the second olive oil brushed side up. Either put a toothpick in the quesadilla to prevent the top tortilla from swirling through the Air Fryer or put a trivet on top. Put the quesadilla in the Air Fryer and close the basket
- Cook the quesadilla for 4 minutes and take it out of the basket. Cut into 6 equal pieces
- Repeat for the remaining cheese quesadilla
- Serve immediately
Calories: 600; Fat: 40g; Carbs: 38g; Protein: 22g