These flatbreads are amazing to make in an Air Fryer. Made with fast dough that you can flavor any way you like. While you are preparing a mean child or hot curry make your homemade tortilla flatbread as well. So are you ready to learn how to make Air Fryer flatbread? Let’s get started!
Here on the Tortilla Channel, we love flatbread in any shape or form. While it is a common way to cook flatbread on the stove we have another way.
Because you can also cook flatbreads in an Air Fryer. Air Fryer is one of the most amazing kitchen gadgets.
Just take a look on our other website the Fast Food Bistro where you can find easy and fast recipes.
The Air Fryer is great at preparing food fast and can be used for so much more than fries and burgers.
Enter the flatbread in the Air Fryer. Make some fast dough and you are baking these tortillas in no time.
Air Fryer Flatbread Ingredients
To make these tasty flatbread tortillas you need only three ingredients that almost everybody has in their pantry or kitchen cabinet.
- Self-rising flour
- Natural yogurt or Greek yogurt
- Olive oil
How To Make Air Fryer Flatbread
To make these flatbreads take a big mixing bowl for your flatbread dough. Use a mixing bowl like these great bowls from OXO.
Measure the self-rising flour and put it in the bowl. Then measure and add the yogurt and oil.
Take a wooden spoon or use your hands to mix and combine the ingredients into a smooth dough.
Knead into a ball and press it down. Cut the dough into 8 wedges and return 7 into the bowl.
Flour a cutting board and your rolling pin. Knead the dough wedge into a ball.
Flatten the ball then roll the dough into a 3 to 4-inch flatbread tortilla. Brush both sides with a little olive oil.
Preheat your Air Fryer to 320℉ using the grill pan basket. Put the flatbread on the Air Fryer grill basket. Cook each flatbread for 8 minutes.
Turn the bread halfway through the cooking time. Take out of the Air Fryer and keep warm in a tortilla warmer on in clean kitchen towel.
Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
Be aware that every Air Fryer is different and can differ in temperature and cooking time.
Cooking time depends on the size and thickness of your flatbread.
So experiment and start with a shorter cooking time and increase time and temperature accordingly.
How To Prevent Flatbreads From Puffing Up In The Air Fryer
Sometimes your flatbreads puff up in the air fryer and even fly around your Air Fryer.
To keep them in place or prevent them from swirling through your Air Fryer you can put a trivet on top of the flatbread.
Flatbread Ingredient Options
These flatbreads taste amazing as is with a pinch of salt but you can make them taste even better.
Here are some great ingredient suggestions that you can try:
- Dried garlic
- Dried onion
- Chili powder
How To Store Air Fryer Flatbreads
Flatbreads are always great to eat fresh but you can store flatbreads in several ways:
- Room temperature – when you make flatbread and when want to serve it within a day or 2 you can keep them at room temperature. When you serve them on the same day store them in a tortilla warmer or a clean kitchen towel. Want to keep them for another day let the flatbread cool and store in a Ziploc resealable bag
- Refrigerator – You can also store flatbread tortillas in the fridge. Let them cool completely and put them in a resealable ziplock bag
- Freezer – want to store them longer you can put them in the freezer. This is my preferred method. They thaw very quickly and taste fresh and chewy
How To Reheat Air Fryer Flatbread
You have several ways to warm or reheat these flatbreads. If your flatbreads are frozen you can thaw them first or reheat them from frozen.
- Air Fryer – The easiest way to warm this flatbread is in the Air Fryer. Preheat your Air Fryer to 350℉ for 3 minutes. Wrap the flatbread in aluminum foil and let them warm for 5-7 minutes or until the flatbreads are warm
- Oven – Instead of in the Air Fryer you can warm the flatbreads in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉ and also wrap the flatbread in aluminum foil. Put in the center of the oven and warm for 5-7 minutes or until warm
- Instant Pot – put a cup of water in the Instant Pot and add a trivet. Wrap your tortillas or flatbread in aluminum foil and put them on top of the trivet. Close the lid and secure it, and turn the valve to seal. Set to steam for 1 minute and quick release.
- Microwave – take two pieces of kitchen towel. Sprinkle the paper towels with water
Serve Flatbread With The Following Recipes
If you love these flatbreads serve them with:
Have fun with these easy-to-make Air Fryer flatbreads!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS IN YOUR INBOX!
Yes, you can use an Air Fryer to bake flatbreads. Tasty, a little chewy, puffed Air Fryer flatbread tortillas are amazing and easy to make!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup of natural yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Take a bowl and add the flour, olive oil, and yogurt. Stir to combine into a dough with a wooden spoon or with your hands
- Put the dough on a floured board and knead for a couple of minutes until a flexible dough
- Divide the dough into 8 equal wedges. Roll the wedges into a ball, flatten and take your rolling pin to roll the ball into 3 to 4-inch tortillas
- Brush the tortilla with a drop of olive oil on both sides
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 320F for 3 minutes. Use a grill basket if you have one.
- Put the flatbread in the basket and cook for 8 minutes. Turn the tortilla halfway through the cooking time
- Repeat until all the flatbreads are cooked
Sometimes they will puff up in the Air Fryer, so you may want to place a trivet on top to keep them flat and prevent them from being blown around
Calories: 138; Fat: 2g; Carbs: 25g; Protein: 5g: