You can make it even with a blender. Drizzle it on your Mexican recipes like tacos, fajitas, or enchiladas. Great as a dip for your tortilla chips, quesadillas, or on a salad. Super easy to make. So are you ready to learn how to make avocado cream? Let’s get started!
Creamiest Avocado Cream Sauce
This cream is a smooth and soft salsa that you can add to your Mexican recipes.
A different take on guacamole that has four ingredients. You do not even need a food processor or a blender.
What I dislike about blenders the most is cleaning them. Even though they have cleaning options drying them is a nightmare.
Dishwashers come in handy but usually, my blender remains wet after cleaning.
Yes, you get a smooth cream but if you use ripe avocados and sour cream you do not need that blender.
All you need is a bowl and a fork.
What Is Avocado Crema
The avocado cream is a variation between guacamole and Mexican crema. Mexican cream is the Mexican version of American sour cream.
Which is used as the finishing touch to your Mexican dishes.
Add in your favorite guacamole and you end up with this avocado cream recipe.
Avocado Crema Ingredients
To make this cream dip recipe you need a number of ingredients. Put them on your grocery shopping list and have them ready when you start:
- Cream cheese
- Lime juice or lemon juice
- Garlic clove
How To Make Avocado Crema Without Blender
To make avocado cream start with crushing the garlic. Take the garlic glove and put it in a pestle and mortar.
Crush it until it is a soft, oily puree.
Now cut the avocado in half and scoop out all the avocado from both sides into a big bowl.
Then take a fork and mash the avocado. Add the garlic puree, salt, and juice. Combine the ingredients into a cream.
As a final step, you add the cream cheese. Stir it ferociously to get a smooth cream with your fork.
You can now take a small whisk to get that velvety smooth texture so stir it properly and it is ready to serve.
How To Store Avocado Cream
You have several options to store this cream:
- Refrigerator – you can store the avocado cream in the fridge for up to 5 days. Put the cream in an airtight food container or put it in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. If you use plastic wrap press it into the cream to avoid the avocado from browning. You will see some color change just stir it before serving
- Freezer – if you are wondering if you can freeze avocado crema the answer is yes you can. The best way is to freeze in small portions and thaw what you need. You can store it in an ice cube maker or in a freezer-friendly food container
Can You Make Avocado Cream Vegan?
Yes, to make avocado crema vegan you can substitute the sour cream for plant-based yogurt.
As yogurt is thinner than sour cream you can add more avocado so the dip will thicken.
What Can I Do If My Avocado Cream Is Too Thick
You can add water to the dip or yogurt as this is thinner than sour cream. When you add water you can store it less long.
What To Serve With Avocado Cream
This is a great side dish to serve with:
Made a recipe please tag @thetortiliachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST, and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
The best avocado cream salsa to add to your Mexican dishes. This avocado crema recipe is made without a blender and it is still so creamy!
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- Pinch of salt
- Take a pestle and mortar and crush your garlic into a puree
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out all the avocado from both sides into a big bowl
- Then take a fork and mash the avocado. Add the garlic puree, salt, and juice. Combine the ingredients into a cream
- Then add the cream cheese. Stir it ferociously to get a smooth cream with your fork
- You can now take a small whisk to get that velvety smooth texture so stir it properly and it is ready to serve
Shop This Recipe
If you do not have lime juice you can substitute it for lemon juice You can use fresh garlic or use garlic powder to taste
Calories: 44; Fat: 1g; Carbs: 2g; Protein: 1g;