This avocado salsa is super easy to make and great to serve with your Mexican dishes. So are you ready to learn how to make avocado salsa? Let’s get started!
The Best Salsa
This is such a great recipe if you have excess avocados and don’t know what to do with them.
You can serve it as a snack or as a topping on your tacos or tostadas. As avocado freezes well it is very easy to store.
So you can make a big batch and thaw what you need.
You can sprinkle this salsa with lime juice or with lemon juice.
Avocado Salsa Ingredients
To make this easy salsa you need the following ingredients. Have them ready when you start:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Avocado Salsa
To make this salsa start with chopping the avocado and putting them in a bowl.
Then cut the cherry tomatoes in half then in half again and then finely chop the tomatoes and put them in the bowl as well.
Finely dice the red onion and mince the garlic. Put it in the bowl as well.
Then drizzle with lemon or lime on the avocado and then the olive oil.
Stir to combine then season with salt and pepper. Store the salsa in the fridge to let it chill before serving.
How To Store Avocado Salsa
To store this salsa you have several options:
- Refrigerator – we use lime or lemon juice to prevent the avocado from turning brown. Sprinkle additional juice on the avocado salsa before storing it in an airtight container. You can save this salsa for up to 2 days and stir the salsa through when serving
- Freezer – if you want to store avocado salsa longer you can store it in the freezer. Avocado freeze really well. Green frozen avocados remain green when you thaw them. Store this salsa in a freezer-friendly food container and freeze it for up to 3 months
Can I Use Frozen Avocado For Avocado Salsa?
Yes, absolutely. All you need to do is thaw the avocado. If you halved the avocado before freezing put the avocado side on a paper towel so it can drain some of the thawed moisture.
Use the avocado as indicated in the recipe. When you thaw the avocado do not freeze it again but consume it as indicated how to store it in the fridge.
Serve You Salsa With
This salsa is so good you can put it on or in so many different dishes like:
More Salsa Recipes
If you like to make your own salsas take a look at more tasty recipes here:
- Avocado crema
- Corn salsa
- Roasted tomato salsa
- Homemade salsa restaurant-style
- Spicy black bean salsa
Made a recipe please tag @thetortiliachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST, and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
A super easy salsa to top you tacos this avocado salsa. Done in no time and a great topping to put on your Mexican dishes.
- 1 large avocado
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cilantro
- Pinch salt and pepper
- To make this salsa start with chopping the avocado and putting them in a bowl
- Finely chop the cherry tomatoes and put them in the bowl as well
- Finely dice the red onion and mince the garlic. Put it in the bowl as well
- Then drizzle with lemon or lime on the avocado and then the olive oil
- Stir to combine then season with salt and pepper. Store the salsa in the fridge to let it chill before serving
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 99; Fat: 9; Carbs: 6g; Protein: 1g;