That is why we are making bacon quesadillas. These might be one of the easiest quesadilla recipes ever when you are ready for a snack or lunch. So are you ready to learn how to make bacon quesadillas? Join me in the bistro kitchen!
Crispy Bacon Quesadillas
This bacon tortilla wrap recipe proves that everything tastes better with a bit of bacon. These quesadillas are like cheese quesadillas but with baconBut these quesadillas are cheese quesadillas.
When you slice bacon into small strips and bake them in a skillet you are halfway through to a tasty bacon quesadilla
You can shorten the cooking time by using cooked streaky bacon. That way you only have to cut the bacon into tiny bits.
Always cook your bacon into crispy bacon first because it tastes so much better when you add cooked bacon to your quesadilla.
How To Fold A Quesadilla
You have two ways to fold a quesadilla:
- Fold once – you can put ingredients on half of the tortilla and then fold them. Bake them on both sides and then cut them into triangles
- Fold twice – this is my preferred way. Put the ingredients in the middle and down the middle of the tortilla. Fold the sides of the tortillas over the ingredients like you wrap a tortilla
Crispy Bacon Quesadillas Ingredients
To make these crispy bacon quesadillas you need about a handful of ingredients.
Put the following on your grocery shopping list and have them ready when you start:
- Flour tortillas
- Slices of bacon
- Shredded cheese
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- Ground pepper
How To Make Bacon Quesadillas
To make these crispy bacon quesadillas start with heating a skillet until medium hot.
In the meanwhile cut the bacon slices into tiny bits. Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until the bacon is brown.
No additional baking product is required because bacon has enough fat to cook the bacon crispy
Take the bacon out of the skillet. If needed add 1 teaspoon olive oil or spray twice with cooking spray.
Now add a tortilla and top with ¼ cup shredded cheese and ¼ of the bacon bits down the middle of the tortilla.
Add ground pepper to taste.
When the tortilla starts to brown (usually after 1 minute) fold the sides of the tortilla over the ingredients like wrapping a present.
Then flip the tortilla so the quesadilla is sealed and take it out of the skillet once this side of the tortilla has browned as well.
Keep an eye on the tortilla as it browns fast.
Repeat for the remaining quesadillas.
Cut them all into wedges and serve immediately.
Can You Make Bacon Quesadillas Ahead
Yes, bacon quesadillas are great to make ahead so you can put them in a lunch box or serve them at a party as a snack.
When you have a party all you need to do is reheat them.
How To Store Bacon Quesadillas
If you made a big batch with bacon quesadillas or you have leftover bacon quesadillas you have several ways to store them.
The best way to store them is to not cut them so you do not have to worry about filling falling out of the quesadillas when you store them.
In all cases let them cool completely before storing:
- Refrigerator – When you have leftover quesadillas store the complete quesadillas in an airtight food container for up to 2 days
- Freezer – if you want to keep quesadillas longer you can store them in the freezer. Store the bacon quesadillas in a freezer-friendly food container and store them for up to 3 months
How To Reheat Bacon Quesadillas
You have several ways to reheat these crispy bacon quesadillas.
- Cast iron skillet – you can reheat quesadillas in a cast-iron skillet. Heat the pan to medium heat then add the whole quesadilla and warm. Flip to warm both sides. Take out of the pan and cut into wedges
- Oven – preheat the oven to 350℉ wrap the bacon quesadillas in aluminum foil to keep the tortilla soft and heat for 5 minutes or until warm. Take out of the oven and cut into triangles
- Air Fryer – you can also reheat them in an Air Fryer. Preheat the Air Fryer to 350℉ for 3 minutes. Then wrap the quesadilla in tin foil and warm for 3 minutes or until warm. Take the quesadillas out of the Air Fryer and cut them into wedges
More Quesadillas Recipes
If you love quesadillas then we have even more delicious quesadilla recipes for you:
- Chicken quesadillas
- Egg quesadillas
- Spinach quesadillas
- Turkey quesadillas
- Cheese quesadilla
- Cuban quesadilla
- Beef quesadilla
- BBQ chicken quesadilla
- Avocado shrimp quesadilla
What Do You Eat With Quesadillas?
You can eat these quesadillas by themselves as a snack or for lunch but you can also serve them with:
Made a recipe please tag @thetortiliachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST, and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS IN YOUR INBOX!
Bacon makes everything taste better these crispy bacon quesadillas are a great example of this. Super easy to make and done in no time.
- 4 tortillas
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- cooking spray or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ground pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon slices into tiny bites while you preheat a skillet to medium-hot
- Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until the bacon is brown. No additional baking product is required because bacon has enough fat to cook the bacon crispy
- Take the bacon out of the skillet. If needed add 1 teaspoon olive oil or spray twice with cooking spray. Brush the skillet
- Add a tortilla to the skillet and top with ¼ cup shredded cheese and ¼ of the bacon bits down the middle of the tortilla
- Add ground pepper to taste
- When the tortilla starts to brown fold the sides of the tortilla over the ingredients like wrapping a present
- Then flip the tortilla so the quesadilla is sealed and take it out of the skillet once this side of the tortilla has browned as well
- Keep an eye on the tortilla as it browns fast
- Repeat for the remaining quesadillas
- Cut them all into wedges and serve immediately
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 389; Fat: 24g; Carbs: 29g; Protein: 15g;