A salsa that is a little pasty and savory. So do you want to know how to make black bean salsa? Let’s get started!
Today we are looking beyond the and share a recipe that has its own hero ingredient. In this case, the main ingredient is black beans.
Black beans have a great taste, contain lots of fiber that you can easily turn into a smooth salsa.
This recipe is easy to make because most of the ingredients are available on hand in your pantry. You can eat it warm or cold.
Spicy black bean salsa ingredients
To make this black bean salsa you only need the following ingredients:
- Black beans
- White onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Lemon juice
- Cilantro powder
- Chives to decorate
How to make black bean salsa
Start by pre-heating your oven to broil while you prepare the salsa. First, half the onions, tomatoes, jalapeño and put them on a baking tray.
Also, put the garlic on the baking tray. Now season the cherry tomatoes with salt. Drain and rinse the black beans first.
Then take a piece of aluminum foil and wrap the black beans in it. Put the foil with black beans on the baking tray a well.
Now put the tray in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Turn the onion, jalapeño, garlic before you return the baking tray in the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
To make sure the black beans do not get dry you need the aluminum foil.
Now it is time to put all of the oven-baked ingredients into the blender. Add the lemon juice, chili powder. Pulse the blender until you have a smooth spicy black bean salsa.
Chop the chives finely and decorate. Serve immediately.
Eat with black bean salsa
To eat this black bean you have a lot of options to accompany it with:
- Tortilla chips – the classic snack to eat salsa with is these tortilla chips
- Roasted no-knead bread – Take no-knead bread and make thin slices. Roast the bread or put it under the grill in the oven.
- Flatbread crackers – make this basic flatbread recipe and put them in the oven at 450℉/225℃
Other beans to use for salsa
In this recipe, we used black beans but there are a lot of beans that you can use in your salsa, e.g.:
- Kidney beans
- Brown beans
See how to make spicy black bean salsa
Want to see how you can make spicy bean salsa? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this spicy black bean salsa recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Black bean salsa is smooth yet a little spicy that goes great with tortilla chips. A salsa that is a little pasty and savory.
- 1 can black beans, 1 drained
- 1 small onion halved
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, halved
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Chives optional
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 400℉/200℃
- Half the onions, tomatoes, jalapeño and put them on a backing tray with the garlic
- Season the cherry tomatoes with salt
- Wrap the black beans in aluminium foil
- Bake for 8 minutes
- Turn the onion, jalapeño, garlic and return the baking tray in the oven and bake for another 8 minutes
- Put all of the baked ingredients into the blender. Add the lime juice, chili powder and salt to taste
- Pulse the blender
- Chop the chives fine and decorate. Serve immediately.
Shop This Recipe
Calorie: 29; Fat: 0.3g; Carbs: 5.9g: Protein: 1.5g;