You can find all the classic breakfast tastes inside this warm burrito size tortilla. From eggs, hashbrowns to cheese. Warmed in a skillet and served immediately. Homemade and tasty. So are you ready to learn how to make a breakfast crunchwrap? Let’s get started!
One of the best things for breakfast is tortillas. Warm and wrapped around all sorts of great ingredients.
This breakfast crunchwrap is a great example. Taco Bell has made this recipe big but if you are not near one or want to know what is inside then try this recipe!
It is made with these homemade hashbrowns. Another really easy recipe that you can make at home.
They freeze beautifully so make them ahead of time and use them when you need them.
You can add all your breakfast favorites to this wrap. It also is great for lunch or brunch so give it a try and I’m sure you will love it!
Want to see how to make and a breakfast crunchwrap watch the video slideshow. With a step by step instruction on how to fold a burrito sized tortilla in a crunchwrap.
It is really easy to make this recipe yourself.
Breakfast Crunchwrap Ingredients
To make these crunch wraps you need several ingredients. Have the following products ready when you start:
- Burrito size tortillas
- Breakfast sausages
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
How To Make A Breakfast Crunchwrap
To make this recipe start with the mushrooms. Slice the mushrooms and add oil or butter to a skillet. Add all the sliced mushrooms into the skillet and move them around until golden brown.
This will only take a couple of minutes. Take it out of the pan and put it in a small bowl.
Sausage And Eggs
Take the skin of the sausages and put them in a nonstick skillet. Move the sausage meat around and turns from pink to brown.
When cooked drain the sausage meat off any excess oil. Turn the heat down.
Whisk the eggs in a bowl before adding them into the hot pan with the sausages. Stir the eggs and sausage meat into scrambled eggs until set.
Turn down the heat.
These are easy to make from scratch or buy of course you can use store-bought if you have them on hand.
Add the hash browns into the pan and press them lightly with a spatula. Bake until crispy and golden brown.
Then flip the hashbrowns until golden this will take about 5 minutes. Take out of the pan and put on a paper towel to drain.
Tortilla Wedges Or Small Tortillas
Take 1 of the big burritos and put it on a cutting board. Cut the tortilla circle into 4 equal pie pieces and put them aside.
If you have small fajita tortillas you can use these as well. No cutting is required if you use these.
Layer Your Crunchwrap
Not it is time to layer your crunchwrap. Start with ¼ of the mushrooms and add ¼th of the sausage egg. Then add 2 hash browns on top of the egg mixture.
A decent handful of cheese. Top with a tortilla piece or small tortilla and fold into a crunch wrap (see below).
Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Put oil into a hot skillet and put the crunch wrap fold side down into the skillet.
Bake for about 2 minutes. Check to see is crunchy and golden brown. Turn and bake for another 2 minutes.
Ready to serve.
How To Fold A Crunchwrap
It may look complicated to fold a crunchwrap, but it is actually straight forward. Take a look at the steps below you need to take.
Layer the ingredients in the middle of a big tortilla. Add a tortilla wedge or small fajita tortilla on top of the ingredients.
Take one edge of the big tortilla and fold this edge up to the center of the fillings.
Then take the next edge and fold to it the center of the filling. Keep repeating this folding it as tight as possible, as you work your way around the tortilla.
Turn the wrap and so you can put it folds down into a hot skillet so it can bake golden brown.
Besides the ingredients in this recipe, you can easily add your favorite ingredients like:
- Sweet red or green peppers
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Bacon bits
- Diced ham
- Hot sauce
How To Store Crunchwraps
These breakfast crunch wraps are great to make ahead and store when you need them. You can store them in several ways:
- Refrigerator – these wraps can be stored in the fridge. You have three options:
- Prepare all the ingredients, store them separately and when you are ready, layer the wrap and bake them. You can prepare all the ingredients and combine the crunch wrap but do not yet bake them.
- Store them in a Ziploc bag or a food container and bake them when you want to serve.
- Or you can prepare the whole crunchwrap and bake them. Let them cool completely and store in the fridge and reheat when you want to serve
- Freeze – if you want to keep these wraps longer you can store them in the freezer either baked or unbaked in a Ziploc bag or airtight food container
How To Reheat Breakfast Crunchwraps
To reheat your crunchwraps you again have various options. If frozen let them thaw first:
- Cast-iron skillet – preheat a cast-iron to medium. Add your breakfast wrap and let it warm slowly. This can take up to 10 to 15 minutes
- Oven – if you want to heat the wraps in the oven preheat your oven to 350℉. Wrap the crunchwraps individually in aluminum foil to prevent the outer tortilla from turning brown too fast and get to0 crispy. Let them warm through for at least 10 minutes or until warm
Other Savory Tortilla Recipes
If you love savory tortillas you need to take a look at these savory tortillas:
- Breakfast burritos
- Oven-baked chicken quesadillas
- Easy breakfast nachos with avocado
- BBQ chicken quesadillas
- Scrambled egg enchiladas
- Huevos rancheros
Have fun trying this easy breakfast crunchwrap!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Easy breakfast crunchwrap recipe. Find all the classic breakfast tastes inside this warm burrito size tortilla. Sausages, mushrooms and eggs.
- 8 hash browns
- 6 eggs
- 5 burrito size tortillas
- 10 mushrooms
- 2 breakfast sausages
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice the mushrooms and bake in a hot skillet with oil until golden brown in a couple of minutes. Take out of the pan and put it in a small bowl
- Take the skin of the sausages and brown in a nonstick skillet. When cooked drain the sausage meat off any excess oil. Turn the heat down
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add them to the hot pan with the sausages. Stir the eggs and sausage meat into scrambled eggs until set. Turn down the heat
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet and add some oil. Add the hash browns and press them lightly with a spatula. Bake until crispy and golden brown. Flip and bake the other side until golden this will take about 2 minutes per side. Take out of the pan and put on a paper towel to drain. Set aside
- Take 1 of the big burritos and put it on a cutting board. Cut the tortilla circle into 4 equal pie pieces (note 1)
- Layer your crunchwrap. Start with 1/4 of the mushrooms and add 1/4th of the sausage egg. Then add 2 hash browns on top of the egg mixture
- A decent handful of cheese. Top with a tortilla wedge or small tortilla and fold into a crunch wrap
- Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Put oil into a hot skillet and put the crunch wrap fold side down into the skillet
- Bake for about 2 minutes. Check to see is crunchy and golden brown. Turn and bake for another 2 minutes
- Ready to serve.
Shop This Recipe
Note 1 - If you have small fajita tortillas you can use these as well. No cutting is required if you use these
Calories: 957; Fat: 48g; Carbs: 95g; Protein: 39g;