Because these breakfast nachos are a great twist to your regular bacon and eggs. This recipe makes you wish it is national nachos day every day. So are you ready to learn how to make breakfast nachos? Let’s get started!
What is the best snack ever? My top 3 would be:
Ok, maybe I would definitely try to fit homemade potato chips in this top 3 somewhere. You could say I love a snack with crunch and I love easy snacks.
With this recipe, there is even more reason to eat nachos because you can even make them for breakfast, lunch, or brunch.
These nachos are oven-baked with cooking spray to get them and done in under 10 minutes.
If you do not have nacho chips but do have corn tortillas in your kitchen cabinet, no worries you can make your own.
Want to see how you can make your own tortilla chips? Watch the recipe video with step by step instructions.
If you do not like corn tortillas you can also make these with flour tortillas
Breakfast Nachos Ingredients
To make this recipe get the following ingredients and you are ready to go:
- Tortilla chips
- Grated cheese
- Roasted tomato salsa
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
How To Make Easy Breakfast Nachos
Start with preheating the oven to 400℉/200℃. In the meanwhile take a piece of parchment paper and put it on a baking tray.
Heat a cast-iron skillet to hot and pan fry your bacon without any baking product. Bacon has a lot of fat so no need for additional fat is needed.
Cut the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and divide the first layer of tortilla chips. Cover the tortilla chips with your favorite grated cheese.
Then add a second layer of tortilla chips and cover with the bacon strips. Finish with a second layer of grated cheese.
Put in the oven for 7 minutes.
Reheat the skillet to medium heat and beat the eggs. Take a bit of cooking spray and scramble the eggs in the skillet. Let them cook for a couple of minutes.
Take the baking tray out of the oven. Divide the scrambled eggs on top of the nachos. Cut the avocado into small dices and sprinkle on the nachos.
Add small dollops of tomato roasted salsa on top of the nachos as well. Decorate with fresh cilantro. If you like you can add some sour cream as well and your breakfast nachos are ready to serve.
The Best Cheese For Nachos
There are a lot of cheeses you can use on your nachos e.g.:
- Gouda – Being Dutch logically I use a Dutch cheese like grated Gouda. A cheese that melts well into a bubbly mess
- Monterey Jack – True American cheese smooth texture and a mild taste
- Cheddar – cheese with a lot of moisture and a sharp taste great for nachos
- Gruyere – A Swiss cheese that contains less salt than other cheeses. Due to the limited amount of salt this cheese melts easily
- Mozzarella – use the hard grated version of mozzarella. You can choose the buffalo soft one a well but these work better on e.g. pizza
- Manchego – a mild Spanish goat’s cheese that has a specific taste. Contains a little more oil so this cheese can “sweat” when you heat it in the oven
Have fun with this breakfast nachos recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Today we make easy breakfast nachos. These oven baked and loaded with avocado and a great salsa. Never tried breakfast nachos? Try these.
- 100 gram Tortilla chips
- 3 Eggs
- 6 strips streaky bacon
- 1 - 1½ grated Gouda cheese
- ½ tomato salsa
- 6 leaves fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp sour cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Start with pre heating the oven to 400℉/200℃. Put baking sheet on a baking tray.
- Heat a skillet and pan fry your bacon without any baking product. Cut the bacon in small pieces/strips and set aside
- Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray. Divide a first layer of tortilla chips. Cover the tortilla chips with your favorite grated cheese
- Add a second layer of tortillachips and cover with bacon strips. Then a final layer of grated cheese
- Put in the oven for 7 minutes
- Re heat the skillet to medium heat with a little cooking spray, beat the eggs and make scrambled eggs. Let them cook for a couple of minutes
- Take the baking tray out of the oven. Divide the scrambled eggs on top of the nachos
- Cut the avocado in small dices and divide on the nachos. Add small dollops of salsa on the nachos as well. Decorate with fresh cilantro leafs
Shop This Recipe
Add sour cream add 1 to 2 tbsp water to make it more liquid
Calories: 358; Fat: 23g; Carbs: 27g; Protein; 13g;