You will have the most healthy and tasty soup you tried in years. A lunch favorite or great for dinner this cauliflower cream soup is done in no time. Want to learn how you can make this cauliflower soup recipe? Let’s get started!
Vegetable Soup Recipe
As it is getting colder outside it is hard to resist the need for a hearty soup. Now most of the time making soup takes time.
Which is the reason why I do not make a lot of soup recipes.
I just do not have the patience to wait for a soup to come together all day until this cauliflower soup. So if you do not want to have a pot on the stove all day long then this is a great recipe worth trying.
This is truly a vegetable soup in the broadest sense of the word. The base of this soup is loads of vegetables, stock, and some spices.
Add some (dairy-free) milk to give your soup that silky creamy texture. This soup has a great texture that is perfect for dipping.
So I will definitely give you some suggestions about what you can eat with this soup.
You can make it totally vegetarian, even vegan if you like, or add some leftover shredded chicken if you like.
Cauliflower Soup Ingredient
For this cauliflower soup recipe, you need broth and vegetables. It is quite a list of ingredients so make sure you have ready:
- Medium cauliflower
- Vegetable stock
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Olive oil
- Carrots cut julienne
- Red bell pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried parsley for garnish
Besides all these ingredients you need a blender to blend the cauliflower. However, if you do not have a blender you can use a food processor.
It may even be possible to mash the cauliflower by hand into a puree, I haven’t tried it but think it is possible.
How To Make Cauliflower Cream Soup
To make this cauliflower cream soup recipe start with chopping the onions and 1 clove of garlic. Slice the carrot julienne.
Then cut the cauliflower into four pieces. Cut one piece of cauliflower into small florets and set it aside.
Now cut the remaining cauliflower into small florets and put the small cauliflower florets in a large soup pan.
Add the whole garlic cloves, half of the chopped onion, vegetable broth, and water.
Bring to the boil, and put the lid on the pan before you turn down to heat to medium heat. Cook the cauliflower for 12-15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
Transfer the cauliflower broth into a blender. Then add the milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
Put the lid on the blender and whizz the cauliflower into a smooth puree. Start slow and increase speed.
Now it is time to heat a large pan over medium to high heat and add the olive oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic and stir for a couple of minutes until translucent.
Then add the carrots, and chopped bell peppers and cook for another few minutes. Pour the cauliflower puree into the pan and stir.
Add the remaining cauliflower and let the soup simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnished with parsley.
Your cauliflower cream soup is ready to serve.
More Ingredient Options
You have a lot of additional options that you can add to this cauliflower cream soup. Try it with:
- Corn – Put these in at the last minute
- Zucchini – cut the zucchini in four and then chop it into thin slices. Add them at the same time as you put in the carrot
- Leek – thinly slice your leek. Keep a couple of leek rings for garnish and add the remaining when you are pan-frying the onion and garlic
- Yellow and green bell pepper – besides the red bell pepper you can give this soup some color with yellow and green bell peppers
- Red onions – use half a red onion and add at the same time as the white onion
What To Serve With Cauliflower Soup
A good soup needs great bread to eat with. Try your soup with:
- Mediterranean bread
- Garlic and herbs flatbread
- Grilled cheese bacon sandwich
- Pull apart bread
- Turkish pide bread
- Pita bread
I hope you enjoy this cauliflower soup recipe as much as I do!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS IN YOUR INBOX!
How to make the best cauliflower soup recipe. This soup has a lot of vegetables and can be made vegan. This soup is fast and done in half an hour.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 3 onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves whole
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot cut julienne
- 1 red bell peppers finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to tast
- Dried parsley for garnish
- Cut the cauliflower in four. Cut one piece in small florets and set aside
- Cut the rest of the cauliflower into small florets and put the cauliflower florets in a large soup pan
- Add the whole garlic cloves, half of the chopped onion, vegetable broth, and water
- Bring to the boil, put the lid on the pan then turn down to heat to medium heat. Cook the cauliflower 12-15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft
- Put the cauliflower broth into a blender. Add the milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Put the lid on and whizz the cauliflower into a smooth puree. Start slow and increase the speed
- Heat a large pan over medium to high heat and add the oil
- Add the remaining chopped onion and garlic and stir until translucent for a couple of minutes. Add the carrots, chopped bell peppers and cook for another 2 minutes
- Pour the cauliflower puree in the pan and stir
- Add the remaining cauliflower florets and let the soup simmer for about 5 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Garnished with parsley
Shop This Recipe
If you are vegan replace regular milk with dairy free milk If the soup is done and a little thick, add some water
Calories: 145; Fat: 4.5g; Carbs: 23.8g; Protein: 6g;