This is not only a colorful recipe but also a very tasty one. A burrito bowl is made with rice, vegetables, and in this case the best Mexican chicken you ever tasted. It is really easy to make and no tortilla required. Ready to learn how you can make this chicken burrito bowl? Let’s get started!
Looking for dinner inspiration? Just take a look at these festive burrito bowls. The color of all the ingredients really makes me happy.
Then you taste them and you will be even happier. You can add all your favorite vegetables or other ingredients.
It such a versatile recipe. If you do not like any of the ingredients then you can easily substitute for other ingredients. Take a look further down the post.
Chicken Burrito Bowl Ingredients
To make this burrito bowl you need at least the following ingredients. Of course you can adjust to your liking:
- Mexican chicken marinade
- Kidney beans
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Basmati rice
- Olive oil
How To Make A Chicken Burrito Bowl
To make this recipe you start with the basmati rice. Rinse the rice thoroughly with water until the water is totally clear.
Then cook it with a rice cooker or how you cook your rice regularly. When the rice is cooked let the steam evaporate.
Make the chicken as described with the Mexican chicken recipe and when done slice the chicken into square cubes.
Put the chicken aside. Now it is time to sauté your bell peppers. Heat a skillet with olive oil, add the bell pepper and stir until soft and translucent.
Take the vegetables out of the pan and set them aside.
Take your mushrooms and cut each mushroom in four. Add two more tablespoons of olive oil to the warm skillet.
Then add the mushrooms and pan-fry until they are soft and brown.
Finely chop the red onion. Then it is time to plate it up. Scoop the rice in a bowl. Take a piece of Mexican chicken, slice it, and put it on top of the rice.
Then add the bell peppers, mushrooms, and red onion. Half an avocado and slice it. Also, put it on top of the bowl.
Lastly, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of kidney beans on top of the bowl. Warm your oven at 400℉/200℃ and warm your bowl for 5 minutes.
Your chicken burrito bowl is ready to serve.
How To Store A Burrito Bowl
You can make this burrito bowl ahead of time and store them in several different ways:
- Refrigerator – you can store a burrito bowl in the fridge. Let all the ingredients cool completely and store them in an airtight food container. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days
- Freezer – if you want to store it longer you can store it in the freezer. Again cool completely and store it in a freezer-friendly container. Freeze for up to 3 months
How To Reheat A Burrito Bowl
You can reheat a burrito in several ways:
- Oven – put all the ingredients in an oven dish and preheat the oven to 375℉. Cover the oven dish with aluminum foil and heat for 10 minutes then remove the foil and heat for another 5 minutes or until warm
- Air Fryer – put the burrito bowl ingredients in a cake pan. Preheat the Air Fryer at 375℉ for 3 minutes and warm for 10 minutes. Spray a little bit of cooking spray on top of the ingredients halfway through reheating
- Cast-iron skillet – you can slowly reheat in a cast-iron skillet. Put a little bit of oil in the skillet while heating up the pan to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan. Then add the ingredients and warm for 7-10 minutes. Stir occasionally until warm
Burrito Bowl Ingredients Options
Want to use other ingredients but lacking inspiration take a look at the following list of possible burrito bowl ingredients:
- Green beans
- Snow peas
- White onion
Other Burrito Recipes
If you love burritos you definitely need to check out these burrito recipes:
- Beef burritos
- Tempeh burrito
- Lentil stew burrito
- Enchilada turkey burrito bowl
- Burrito seasoning
- Carnitas Burrito Bowl
Have fun making this chicken burrito bowl recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Want to know how you can make an easy chicken burrito bowl? Take a look at this easy burrito recipe with a lot of vegetables and Mexican chicken.
- 250 gram chicken marinade
- 200 gram mushrooms
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons kidney beans
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 100 gram cooked basmati rice
- Cook the rice and make the chicken marinade. Cut the bell peppers
- Heat a skillet, add olive oil and sauté the bell peppers until soft and translucent. Take out of the pan and set aside
- Cut the mushrooms in four. Add to a warm skillet with olive oil and pan fry until the mushrooms are soft and brown
- Take a bowl and add 2 big tablespoons of rice. Slice the chicken marinade and put on top of the rice. Add half the bell peppers, mushrooms and red onion. Half the avocado and cut in thin slices. Put on top of the rice. Lastly add 1-2 tablespoons of kidney beans on top of the bowl
- Warm your oven at 400℉/200℃ and warm your bowl for 5 minutes. Your chicken burrito bowl is ready to serve. Your bowl is ready to serve
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 696; Fat: 24g; Carbs: 70g; Protein: 50g;