These are gluten-free tostadas made with corn tortillas and the best-shredded chicken you ever tried. So are you ready to learn how to make chicken tostadas? Let’s get started!
Delicious Tostada Recipe
Tostadas are such a great dish to prepare. You can prep it any way you want with all of your favorite toppings and you have it on the table in no time.
Tostadas are also great to add your leftover ingredients.
It is such an easy dish that you can eat for lunch but can easily turn into a full meal. They can be quite difficult to eat but with some tips, it is actually very easy.
What Is A Tostada?
So in case you are wondering what is a tostada? A tostada is an oven-baked or pan-fried corn tortilla or flour tortilla.
The tortillas are stacked up with a number of great ingredients like:
- Sweet Pepper
They are usually made with small tortillas but you can easily serve them using medium-sized tortillas a well.
As the tortillas are baked crunchy you run the risk of the tostadas falls apart. However, it is so easy to learn how to eat a tostada without making a mess.
Which is really easy to do.
This recipe uses slow-cooked whole chicken. Do you want to see how you can make this slow cooker chicken?
Then watch the instruction video.
The video gives you step-by-step instructions and uses the Crockpot Express to make this soft and tender chicken.
Shred the chicken and use it on your tostadas.
Chicken Tostadas Ingredients
To make this tostadas recipe you need just a couple of ingredients and the most important one is the soft shredded chicken.
To make this recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Corn tortillas
- (Leftover) slow-cooked whole chicken or rotisserie chicken
- Vegetable oil
- Refried beans
- Sweet pepper
How To Make Chicken Tostadas
To make this recipe start with the Mexican tortillas or corn tortillas.
Spray these tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 400℉ and bake the tortillas for 6 minutes per side crisp and crunchy.
In the meanwhile thinly slice the onion using a mandoline slicer. Then preheat a skillet and add olive oil to the pan.
Add the sweet peppers to the pan and pan-fry them soft and translucent. Now add the onion but keep half to decorate the tostada.
Then shred some slow cooker chicken or a rotisserie chicken. Stir the chicken through the sweet pepper and onion mix in the skillet.
Thinly slice the scallion and add it to the skillet as well. Keep on stir for 4-5 minutes to warm up the chicken.
Make the refried beans. Take the baking sheet out of the oven and spread refried beans on the corn tortillas then 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mix.
Sprinkle some diced avocado on top and serve your tostadas immediately.
More Tostadas Garnishes
You can serve these tostadas as described in this recipe but if you like you can simply add some more garnishes like:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Boiled eggs
- Sour cream
- Roasted tomato salsa
Can You Make Tostadas Ahead Of Time?
You can make them ahead of time but tostadas are best eaten fresh, just when they are made. I recommend you separate the tostada shells and toppings.
When you store them combined chances are the tostada shells will get soft and soggy.
How To Store Tostadas?
Just like bread tostadas do not refrigerate well. They lose their crispness when stored in the fridge.
How To Reheat Tostada Shells
You can reheat the tostada but it is necessary when you add warm toppings. This will warm the tostada shells as well.
You can reheat them in:
- Oven – preheat your oven to 350℉. Put the tostada shells on a baking sheet and heat them in the middle of the oven for 3 minutes or until warm
- Air Fryer – preheat the Air Fryer 325℉ for 3 minutes. Put the tostadas in a stack in your Air Fryer basket. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until warm
More Tostadas Recipes
If you like this recipe you will love these tostada recipes so take a look:
- Ground turkey tostada – a great recipe to make on a busy weeknight
- Tuna tostadas – made with flour tortillas baked in the oven
- Vegan tostada – medium-sized tortillas filled with beans, lettuce, guacamole, corn, and salsa
- Shrimp avocado tostada – small tortillas pan-fried and stacked with avocado, large shrimp and sweet peppers
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for the best tostada recipe? Make this easy shredded chicken tostadas made with a rotisserie chicken and lots of vegetables. Try it!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole chicken
- 1 cups refried beans
- 1 small onion sliced
- ½ sweet pepper diced
- ½ avocado diced
- 1 scallion
- Spray corn tortillas with cooking spray on both sides. Preheat oven to 400℉ and bake the tortillas for 6 minutes per side
- Preheat skillet and add olive oil and pan-fry the sweet red pepper and onions until soft and translucent
- Add the shredded slow cooker chicken and stir through the pepper and onion mix
- Slice the scallion and add it to the skillet as well. Keep on stir for 4-5 minute
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and spread refried beans on the corn tortillas then 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mix
- Sprinkle some diced avocado on top and serve immediately
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 293; Fat: 15g; Carbs: 26g; Protein: 15g;