Add this to all your grilled meats and you have an amazing dinner! Chimichurri originates from Argentina and Uruguay. This recipe stood the test of time. It still makes any grilled or roasted meat taste better. Want to learn how you can make this easy chimichurri sauce? Let’s get started!
The Best Meat Sauce
Chimichurri is an infused oil-based sauce that comes in two versions. A green (this recipe) and a red chimichurri sauce.
There are a number of ways to use this sauce:
- Put this sauce on top of your grilled meats
- Let your meat sit in this chimichurri sauce after the meat is grilled and rests to get the flavor
- Use this sauce as a marinade to let your meats marinate
- Put it on the table as a sauce
This sauce is vegan, it is a gluten-free sauce and it fits perfectly in a low carb/keto diet. Without knowing it this sauce is just has everything and a little more.
To make chimichurri sauce you need the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Red Chili
- Dried oregano
How to Make Chimichurri Sauce
To make this chimichurri recipe you start with finely chopping the fresh parsley, red Chili, and garlic.
If you are sensitive to chili, put it in the freezer before using it. When you freeze a pepper, you can chop it straight away but you will not experience any irritation.
Take a small bowl and add all ingredients. Stir thoroughly to combine and that is really it. Set the sauce aside or put it in the fridge.
If you let it sit in the fridge the oil will be infused with the flavors of garlic, parsley, and Chili. Your chimichurri is ready to serve.
How to Store Chimichurri?
You can make this easy chimichurri in advance and store it in several ways:
- Room – if you are going to eat it straight away you can keep it at room temperature
- Refrigerator – you can make this sauce ahead of time. You can keep it at least for up to 4 weeks when you keep it in the fridge. As the sauce is covered in oil
- Freezer – pour it in an ice cube maker so you can thaw when you need it
What Is the Difference Between Chimichurri and Pesto?
The base for both chimichurri and pesto is olive oil, garlic, and a green herb. Chimichurri is made with parsley while pesto is made with basil.
Chimichurri also contains chili pepper and wine vinegar to give it a little tang. Pesto does not contain any heat but a nutty flavor due to the pine nuts and it has cheese.
So, chimichurri is a vegan recipe while pesto is a vegetarian recipe.
More Great Dip Recipes
If you are a fan of dip recipes take a look at these great sauces:
- Greek tzatziki sauce
- Roasted tomato salsa
- Spicy black bean dip
- Restaurant-style salsa
- Bell pepper hummus
I hope you love this chimichurri sauce recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for the best easy chimichurri sauce? Try this recipe. You can make chimichurri ahead of time and store to use whenever you like.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- A pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Chopping the fresh parsley, the red chili and the garlic
- Take a small bowl and add all ingredients. Stir thoroughly to combine and that is really it. Set the sauce aside or put in the fridge
- Ready to serve.
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 149; Fat: 16.9g; Carbs: 0.9g; Protein: 0.2g;