Especially for your Mexican dishes, it is so versatile that you can also serve it with corn tortillas as a snack. So are you ready to learn how to make corn salsa? Let’s get started!
Sweet Salsa Recipe
You can make this recipe with fresh grilled corn on the cob or you can use canned sweet corn which I did in this case as no corn on the cob was available.
If you want to use fresh corn you can either grill them on the barbecue or you can cook them in the Air Fryer.
It takes about 10 minutes to cook your corn on the cob and cut the corn from the cob.
When you use fresh corn it adds an additional dimension to this salsa with the sweetness of the corn and the smokey taste of the grill.
You can use lime in this recipe or lemon juice. This will help keep the avocado green and give the salsa a tangy taste.
This is a super easy recipe to make so give it a try.
Corn Salsa Ingredient
What is corn salsa made of? Take a look at the following ingredients. Put them on your grocery shopping and have them ready when you start:
- Sweet corn
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
How To Make Corn Salsa
To make this salsa we start with dicing the cherry tomatoes, mincing the garlic, and finely chopping the red onion. Set aside.
Take a medium-sized bowl and add olive oil and lime juice. Stir and add the diced tomatoes, garlic, and red onion into the bowl.
Then cut the avocado in half, take the pit out, and remove the avocado out of the skin using a spoon or peel the skin away using a knife.
Dice the avocado into small pieces as well. Add the diced avocado to the bowl. Now add the corn and stir to combine.
Coat the avocado and corn with the oil and lime mixture in the bowl using a spoon. Finally, sprinkle some dried basil on top and season your salsa with salt.
Your corn salsa is ready to serve.
Can I Substitute Lemon Juice For Lime Juice In Corn Salsa?
Yes, you can use lemon juice in this corn salsa recipe if you do not have fresh lime or if you do have lime juice at hand.
Both have a sour flavor to add a freshness to salsa and prevent the avocado from going brown.
How To Store Corn Salsa
To store this salsa you have several options:
- Refrigerator – as avocado easily turns brown you can sprinkle the avocado with lime or lemon juice and store it in an airtight container. You can save it up to 2 days and stir the salsa through when serving
- Freezer – if you want to store it longer you can store it in the freezer. Avocado freeze really well. When frozen green the avocado thaws green as well. You can store this salsa in a freezer-friendly food container and freeze it for up to 3 months
Serve Corn Sala With
This salsa is so good you can put it on or in so many different dishes like:
- Beef tacos
- Ground turkey tacos
- Sloppy Joe burritos
- Steak fajitas
- Chicken enchilada
- Instant Pot Beef Enchiladas
- Chicken Burrito bowl
- Tortilla chips
- Chicken fajitas
- Fish fajitas
More Salsa Recipes
If you like to make your own salsas take a look at more tasty recipes here:
- Avocado crema
- Roasted tomato salsa
- Homemade salsa restaurant-style
- Spicy black bean salsa
- Peanut salsa
Make you Mexican dishes taste even better and top with this corn salsa. Also great to serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Dice cherry tomatoes, mince the garlic and finely chop the red onion. Put aside
- Add olive oil and lime juice into a bowl. Stir and add the diced tomatoes, garlic, and red onion into the bowl
- Cut the avocado in half, take the pit out, and remove the skin
- Dice the avocado into small pieces as well. Add the diced avocado to the bowl. Now add the corn and stir to combine
- Coat the avocado and corn with the oil and lime mixture in the bowl using a spoon. Finally, sprinkle some dried basil on top and season your salsa with salt
- The corn salsa is ready to serve
Shop This Recipe
You can use grilled corn on the cob If you do not have lime juice you can substitute it with lemon juice
Calories 157; Fat: 11g; Carbs: 15g; Protein: 3g;