Honestly, this recipe is super easy. Prepare before you go to work and by the time you get home you can put it on the table. The best ever chili recipe I promise. So are you ready to learn how to make crockpot chicken chili? Let’s get started!
Delicious Chicken Chili Recipe
I think all slow cooker or Crockpot users experience the same when they first try their machine. Can you really leave the slow cooker on and go about your ways?
The answer is yes. Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do its job. It is as simple as that. The taste is amazing and a real different compared to regularly cooked dishes.
This recipe says slow cooker chili but you can easily make this recipe in a Dutch oven. Just be around so you can check regularly if it has enough water.
The trick to slow cooking with e.g. Dutch oven is to close the lid. This prevents the water inside the pan from evaporating
Today we are making chicken chili and this is a must-try recipe with great flavor and tastes.
It is also an excellent substitute for beef chili when you want to serve something different.
Chicken Chili Ingredients
For this recipe, you need a number of ingredients on your grocery shopping list. Get the following ingredients:
- Chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- Red kidney beans
- Diced tomatoes
- Sweet pepper
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Homemade chili powder
- Black pepper
- Shredded cheese
How To Make Crockpot Chicken Chili?
To make this recipe drain the kidney beans and rinse them before you add them to the slow cooker.
Finely chop the sweet peppers and onion and add to the Crockpot as well. Then it is time to add the can with diced tomatoes and their juices.
You also need to add the following ingredients:
- Chicken broth
- Chili powder
- Fresh ground black pepper
Stir to combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker with a wooden spoon. Then finally add the chicken breast to the bean mixture.
Close the slow cooker. You can choose between the LOW or HIGH setting. So turn to either:
- 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
Then open the slow cooker and shred the chicken using two forks. The chicken is so soft it will fall apart easily.
Taste the chili and season to taste with extra salt and pepper. Decorate with some shredded cheese and sliced scallions.
Can You Make Chicken Chili Ahead?
Yes, this recipe is great to make in a big batch and store so you can prepare it when you have limited time and still want a great meal.
Just double the recipe and leave the cooking times the same.
How To Store Chicken Chili?
This is a great make-ahead recipe or to make a big batch because this is a great freezer meal. You can store this in a number of ways:
- Fridge – You can store this chili in the fridge. Let the chili cool completely before storing. Put it in an airtight container or a resealable bag and store it for up to 5 days
- Freezer – want to store it longer than you can store it in the freezer. Put the chicken chili in a freezer-friendly container and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months
How To Reheat Chicken Chili
If you have made a big batch or you have leftover chili you have several ways to reheat your chicken chili:
- Instant Pot – you can reheat your chicken chili in the Instant Pot. Put the leftover chili in the inner pot. Add ¼ cup water. Close the lid and secure. Set your pressure cooker to Manual or Pressure Cook for 3 minutes and quick release
- Dutch oven – you can also reheat chicken chili in a Dutch oven. Heat your Dutch oven and add the chili. Add ¼ cup water and stir. Let it come to a boil and then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Let it simmer for 5 minutes or until warmed through
- Air Fryer – you can also reheat chicken chili in an Air Fryer. Preheat the Air Fryer at 375℉ Put the chicken chili in a cake barrel and add 3 to 4 tablespoons of water. Preheat the Air Stir the chili and cover the barrel with aluminum foil.
Serve Chicken Chili With
This is a great main dish and you can serve them with a number of delicious recipes:
More Slow Cooker Recipes
If you love slow-cooker, Dutch oven, Crockpot or Instant pot recipes take a look at a couple of delicious meals below:
I hope you love this Crockpot chicken chili recipe as much as I do!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for and easy slow cooker chicken chili? Try this Crockpot chicken chili recipe. It is easy to make, tasty and hardly any prep.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons homemade chili powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese, Gouda
- Drain the kidney beans and rinse before you add them to the slow cooker
- Finely chop the sweet peppers and onion and add to the Crockpot. Add the can with diced tomatoes and their juices
- Then add chicken broth, chili powder, fresh ground black pepper
- Stir to combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker with a wooden spoon. Then finally add the chicken breast to the bean mixture
- Close the slow cooker. Set to 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
- Open the slow cooker and shred the chicken using two forks
- Taste the chili and season to taste with extra salt and pepper. Decorate with some shredded cheese and sliced scallions
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 181; Fat: 2.8g; Carbs: 17g; Protein: 21.5g;