They taste super delicious and are done in no time. This could easily be one of your go-to recipes. In half an hour you have this dish on the table. Are you ready to learn how to make crunchy tortilla tuna tostada? Let’s get started!
Oh, what a treat we have today. Just imagine getting these crunchy tortilla tostadas with tuna on your lunch break or served during a Sunday brunch?
Wouldn’t you immediately start doing a happy dance? I would, I mean I did because not only do they look delicious but they also taste delicious.
Tostadas are great. The base is a tortilla and there are multiple ways to get them all nice and crunchy:
- Fry them in a pan with hot oil. The tortilla will get crunchy rather fast like at max a minute per side. Drain the excess oil on a paper towel.
- Put a tortilla in the microwave between two paper towels and heat them on high for about a minute. Then another minute without the top paper towel.
- Bake them in the oven. First, brush a layer of cooking spray (which I used) or oil on the tortilla front and back. Then bake in the oven at 350℉/175℃ for about 10 minutes (turn at the 5 minutes time mark).
Want to see how to make crunchy tuna tostada? Watch the recipe video with step-by-step instructions so you can easily follow along.
Tuna Tostada Ingredients
To make these crunchy tuna tostadas you need several ingredients on your grocery shopping list. So be sure to get the following ingredients:
- Flour tortillas
- Brown beans
- Vegetable oil
- Paprika powder
- Cumin powder
- Roasted tomato salsa
- Iceberg lettuce for decorating
- Grated cheese
How To Make Tuna Tostada
To make this tostada recipe start with boiling an egg. Boil the egg for 7 minutes until the yolk is medium-hard. Then drain the egg and put it into cold water.
Heat a small frying pan and add the vegetable oil. First, pan-fry the onion until soft and transparent. This takes about 3 minutes.
Then add the brown beans, the paprika powder, and then the cumin and stir through before adding the cup of water. Let the beans get to the boil.
Stir and reduce the heat to medium. Let it simmer on medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. Take off the heat.
Preserve about 30 brown beans for decorating purposes into a small bowl and set aside.
Then transfer the remaining brown beans into a bowl and mash the brown beans with a fork. They are ready to use as topping on the tostadas.
Preheat the oven at 350℉/175℃. Spray the tortillas with cooking spray or vegetable oil on both sides. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes (turn at about 5 minutes in the oven).
Then the mashed brown beans before adding the avocado and guacamole. Drain the liquid from the can of tuna and put about half on the first tostada.
Decorate with cheese, corn, lettuce, and brown beans. Repeat for the second tostada. Ready to serve.
When you eat the tuna tostadas, you run the risk they falls apart. So, watch how to eat a tostada without making a mess.
Decorate Your Tostada
Then you have like a million options to dress the tostada completely to your liking. Here a list of toppings:
- Smooth roasted tomato salsa
- Black bean salsa
- Restaurant-style salsa
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Iceberg lettuce
More Tostada Recipes
If you love tostadas then you take a look at these recipes as well:
- Healthy Avocado Shrimp Tomato Tostada
- Vegan crunchy tortilla tostada
- Chicken tostada
- Ground turkey tostada
I hope you enjoy this how to make crunchy tuna tostada recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Crunchy tuna tostada are made with lots of vegetables like salsa, brown beans, corn, tuna and avocado. But also egg and guacamole. Lets get started!
- 1 egg
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 small can of brown beans (340 grams)
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- ½ onion
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of paprika powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 can of tuna (80 grams)
- 1 cup of smooth roasted tomato salsa
- ½ cup of guacamole
- ½ avocado
- Iceberg lettuce for decorating
- 30 brown beans for decorating
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- Boil the egg (I boil them for 7 minutes so they are medium hard), drain and put into cold water
- Heat a small pan with 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. First add the onion and fry them until soft and transparent. This takes about 3 minutes
- Then add the brown beans, the paprika and then the cumin and stir through before adding the cup of water. Let the beans get to the boil
- Stir and reduce the heat to medium to let the brown beans simmer for about 10-15 minutes
- Take the beans of the heat. Preserving about 30 brown beans for decorating and transfer to a bowl. Mash the remaining brown beans
- Preheat the oven at 350℉/175℃. Spray the tortillas with cooking spray or vegetable oil on both sides
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes (turn at about 5 minutes in the oven).
- Slice half of the avocado in thin slices and turn the other half into healthy guacamole
- Start plating the tostada and start with the smooth roasted tomato salsa. Then the mashed brown beans before adding the avocado and a tbsp of guacamole
- Drain the liquid from the can of tuna and put about half of it on the tostada. Decorate with cheese, corn, lettuce and brown beans
- Ready to serve
Shop This Recipe
The preparation time is without the time it takes to make the smooth roasted tomato salsa.
Calories: 544; Fat: 27.6g; Carbs: 50.5g; Protein: 26.7g;