Today we are making guacamole with just 4 ingredients because less is usually more. This simple but healthy guacamole more than proves it. So are you ready to learn how to make guacamole? So let’s get started.
When you want to make this recipe start with the best ingredients and you are halfway there. Take an avocado, garlic, lemon juice, seasoning and you have the best guacamole.
You do not need a whole lot of fancy add-ons but if you like I will show you what you can add if you ever get bored with this version.
Guacamole is made with avocado that has at least 6 health benefits. Besides all these health benefits avocado is very versatile.
You can use it in savory dishes or sweet recipes but avocado is also a great substitute for butter and great in smoothies.
Still, guacamole is so much more. Did you know that it is:
- Keto / low carb
Last but not least did I tell you, you can make it in a matter of minutes? Well, this easy guacamole recipe can be made in a matter of minutes.
So I’m not exaggerating when I say this recipe might be the easiest guacamole recipe you have ever tried.
I promise it is better than any you ever tried in a restaurant or bought in the store. You only need a few ingredients to make it.
Want to see how to make guacamole from scratch? Watch the recipe video with step-by-step instructions so you can follow along and make this dip yourself.
To make this guacamole dip you need the following ingredients:
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Guacamole seasoning (optional)
Further, you need a bowl, spoon, fork, mortar, and pestle (not required).
How To Make Guacamole
I always start out with the garlic and crush it in a mortar with my pestle. If you do not have a mortar and pestle, chop the garlic really finely and put it in a bowl.
You can also try to crush the garlic with the back of a spoon to make it soft. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon or lime in a separate bowl.
Then we go on to the avocado. You can check to see if the avocado is ripe by first gently squeezing the skin of the avocado first.
If the skin gives a little you can remove the stem to see whether it is brown (overripe do not use) or light-colored greenish (ready to use).
Half the avocado and spoon the contents in a bowl. Use a fork to squash the avocado finely. First, add the garlic and mix together thoroughly before adding the lemon juice.
The lemon will prevent the avocado from losing color and go dark but also gives it a fresh taste.
Start with half a tbsp of lemon and stir the mixture before adding more. Taste to see if the lemon is not overpowering the guacamole.
If you get a smooth mixture add a pinch of salt and an ample amount of black pepper to taste.
If you like some variety in this recipe you can add one or more of the following ingredients below:
- Spring onion
- Chili pepper
- Fresh chili pepper
- Bell peppers
- Lime instead of lemon
- Chopped tomato (cherry or normal)
- Guacamole seasoning
Serve Guacamole With
There are so many great recipes that taste even better when you add a bit of guacamole. So take a look at these recipes you can serve it with:
- Oven-baked corn tortilla chips – serve it as a dip
- Pulled chicken bean and tortillas – a great dinner that tastes even better with this recipe as a side dish
- Beef filled tacos – no tacos without avocado so you have to make this dip and serve it with beef tacos
- Grilled cheese bacon sandwich – either slice the avocado or add some guacamole
- Vegan nachos – tastes even better when you add guacamole
How To Store Guacamole
There are a number of ways you can store your favorite avocado dip:
- Refrigerator – You can keep this healthy dip in the refrigerator for about a day in a ziplock bag but be aware it will discolor easily. You can sprinkle some lemon juice on top to prevent this. You can also put it in a plastic container and cover the guacamole with water. When you want to use it drain the water and stir the guacamole.
- Freezer – You can keep it much longer if you store it in the freezer. Use an ice cube maker to freeze the guacamole so you can easily take out the number of cubes that you need.
If you have half an avocado left and want to use it the next day put it in a glass jar and store it in the fridge.
You can sprinkle it with a bit of lemon and the avocado will keep its color instead of turning all brown.
I hope you enjoyed this easy guacamole recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
An easy to make recipe for delicious healthy guacamole. It takes only 5 ingredients provides lots of options to variate. Let's get started!
- 1 ripe avocado (In the video we use a Fuerte avacado. You can also use a Hass or Gwen avacado)
- ½ tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic (1 clove per half avocado)
- pinch of salt
- black pepper to taste
- Crush the garlic in a stone pounder or cut very finely and crush with a spoon in a bowl to make the garlic soft.
- Squeeze the lemon in a small bowl.
- Half the avocado and put in a bowl. Crush the avocado until smooth.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Start with about half tbsp of lemon and stir. Taste to see if it requires more lemon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Shop This Recipe
Store in the refrigerator by putting the bowl in a ziplock bag for about a day. If you want to keep it longer freeze the delicious healthy guacamole. The nutritional value is for 1 tbsp.
Calories: 23; Fat: 2.1g; Carb: 1.24g; Proteins: 0.3g;