Garlic chicken thighs with mushrooms are super easy to make! This recipe is made in a skillet, done in no time, and made from the best part of the chicken. The thighs are soft and moist. So are ready to learn how you can make these easy garlic chicken? Let’s get started!
Easy Garlic Chicken Recipe
Some of the cheapest parts of the chicken are the chicken thighs. Some of the tastiest parts are the same chicken thighs.
Chicken thighs have a higher fat content than chicken breasts. The meat is darker than chicken breast. It is more common the get chicken thighs with skin.
To be honest, I’m not a fan of chicken skin so I always take the skin off but even chicken thighs without skin have higher fat content and taste better.
If you cook chicken breast you always have to be on the lookout the chicken will not dry out. You will not have this fear with thighs at all.
This recipe is keto-approved and fits perfectly in a low-carb diet.
Garlic Chicken Thighs Ingredients
To make this chicken thigh recipe you need a limited number of ingredients. Put the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Boneless chicken thighs without skin
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried rosemary
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Garlic Chicken Thighs With Mushrooms
The chicken thighs do not have any bones in them. Trim off excess fat from the chicken.
Squeeze the lemon and pour the juice on the chicken. Set aside.
Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and cover the chicken with this seasoning.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium to high heat and add olive oil. Sear the chicken thighs until browned on both sides.
This will take about 10 minutes. Take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
Brush the mushrooms clean if necessary and cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
Now melt the butter in the same skillet and add the mushrooms. Pan-fry the mushrooms soft and browned in about 5 minutes.
Finely chop the garlic and add the garlic, the parsley to the skillet and sauté for about 1 minute.
Add a splash of water so all the chicken bites can be released from the pan.
Return chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste if required. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
You can garnish with some fresh parsley. Serve your mushroom garlic chicken thighs immediately.
Can You Eat The Skin On Chicken Thighs?
If you are wondering if you can eat the skin on chicken thighs the answer is yes, you absolutely can. The best way to eat skin is to have crispy skin.
Put the thighs in a bowl and squeeze fresh lemon juice on the thighs. Heat a skillet. You can add a combination of olive oil and butter.
Bake the thighs with the skin down. Let the thighs sit and resist the urge to move the thighs around. The chicken will release after a couple of minutes.
Turn and bake the other side of the thighs. Move the chicken around for another couple of minutes. Add a little bit of water to the thighs.
Do not cover the skin with water. Close the pan. Heat your oven and put the pan in.
Make certain to have the skin side of the thighs face up so the skin will not get wet and go soft.
Serve Garlic Chicken With
You can serve this chicken recipe with a lot of different side dishes like:
- Mushroom rice
- Mexican potatoes
- Spicy rice
- Garlic mushrooms
- Cheesy green beans
- Easy Mexican fries
- Honey garlic carrots
- Avocado tomato salad
Can You Make Garlic Chicken Recipe Ahead?
Yes, this is a great recipe to make ahead. In fact, I think that chicken dishes in general and this recipe, in particular, taste better if you make them ahead of time.
By making the dish ahead the flavors will intensify and the chickened will be infused by the seasoning and time.
Just make ahead and store properly, you will love this recipe even more.
How To Store Garlic Chicken With Mushrooms
If you have leftover chicken you can store it in two ways:
- Fridge – if you are planning on eating the leftovers within one or two days just store them in the fridge. Put the chicken in an airtight food container and store it in the fridge
- Freezer – if you want to keep the chicken longer you can also store it in the freezer. Put it in a freezer friendly bag or an airtight container and you can keep it up to 2 months easily
Can I Double This Garlic Chicken Mushroom Recipe
Yes, this is a very good recipe to double without any adjustment. Depending on the size of your chicken thighs you might have to grill the chicken in two batches before adding the mushrooms.
How To Reheat Garlic Chicken
You can either make a big batch of this chicken recipe or you have leftover chicken. There are several ways to reheat this chicken:
- Cast-iron skillet – to reheat your garlic chicken you can use a cast iron skillet. Heat it to medium and add a little bit of olive oil. Add your leftover chicken with some water. Depending on the amount of chicken you want to reheat you can add ¼ cup to ½ cup. Add more water if needed. Heat and let it simmer for 7-10 minutes or until warm.
- Oven – you can also heat the leftover chicken in the oven. Heat the oven to 400℉ and put your leftover chicken in a Dutch oven with water. Heat the chicken for 10 – 15 minutes or until hot
- Air Fryer – if you have a little amount of chicken you can heat it in the Air Fryer. Put the leftover chicken in a cake pan. Add hot water and cover with aluminum foil. Heat for 8-10 minutes or until warm
- Microwave – put the chicken with water in a microwave-safe container and cover with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap. Heat for 2 minutes and check if it is warm else extend with 30 seconds bursts until warm
More Chicken Recipes
If you like this recipe you will absolutely love these chicken recipes. Take a look at:
- Slow cooker whole chicken
- Honey garlic chicken
- Mexican chicken marinade
- Easy chicken wrap
- Pulled chicken enchilada
- Sticky barbecue chicken in the oven
- Chicken burrito bowl
I hope you love this chicken thighs recipe with garlic and mushrooms as much as I do!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
This is one of the best chicken recipes. This garlic chicken thighs with mushrooms is easy, super tasty and cheap. Try it you will love it!
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim off excess fat. Squeeze the lemon and pour the juice on the chicken. Set aside
- Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and cover the chicken
- Heat a skillet over medium to high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sear the chicken thighs until browned on both sides. This will take about 10 minutes
- Take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside. Clean the mushrooms and cut them into thin slices
- Melt the butter in the same skillet and add the mushrooms. Pan-fry the mushrooms soft and browned in approximately 5 minutes
- Finely chop the garlic. Add the garlic, the finely chopped parsley to the skillet and sauté for about 1 minute. Add a splash of water so all the chicken bites can be released from the pan
- Return chicken to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste if required. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Ready to serve
Shop This Recipe
For this recipe, I remove any skin if the chicken thighs have skin on it. The recipe is made with boneless chicken thighs.
Calories: 453; Fat: 41g; Carbs: 3g; Protein: 18.5g;