If you are looking for the best shrimp fajitas you can stop looking because this recipe is for you. Soft shrimp seasoned with the most delicious homemade Mexican seasoning and cooked to perfection in a cast-iron skillet. You will not find fajitas tastier than these. So, are you ready to learn how to make the best shrimp fajitas? Let’s get started!
Shrimp Fajitas Recipe
Fajitas is a real crowd pleaser. Being able to assemble the food and eat with your hands what is not to love. Especially if you make them with small soft fajitas tortillas.
I love to make the tortillas myself. Combined with the charred peppers and onions as the base you can’t go wrong.
Top with your favorite ingredients and you have a simple, easy and fast recipe.
Want to know the best part of this fajita recipe?
It is done in no time. In less than 15 minutes you have this dish on the table. No reason to get into your car and drive to a restaurant honestly.
It is like going out to eat at home.
Shrimp fajitas ingredients
To make shrimp fajitas at home you only need a couple of basic ingredients. Be sure to have the following ingredients on hand:
- Small tortillas
- Red bell pepper
- White Onion
- Plum or cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Mexican seasoning or fajitas seasoning
How to Make Shrimp Fajitas
When you make this shrimp fajitas recipe start with the ingredients that take the longest to cook. In this case the peppers and onions.
Heat your cast-iron skillet and add the olive oil to the pan. Sauté the peppers first before adding the onion.
Add the finely chopped garlic and the halved plum/cherry tomatoes when the peppers and onions are getting soft.
This will take about 4-5 minutes. Stir through so the garlic is evenly distributed.
Take the vegetables out of the skillet and add some more olive oil to the skillet. Be sure the pan and oil are hot as you want to shrimp to cook but not boil.
Add the shrimp to the pan and leave them for a couple of seconds before you start stirring. You want to prevent the shrimp from sticking to the pan and tearing apart.
Cook the shrimp for 4 to 5 minutes moving them around in the skillet. Add the bell pepper and onion mix and let it warm through.
You can warm the tortillas either in the oven or in a skillet. If you want to warm them in the oven set it to 400℉/200℃ and warp the tortillas in aluminum foil.
Warm for 8-10 minutes.
If you want to warm them in a skillet just heat the pan and let your tortilla warm for about half a minute per side.
Keep warm in a tortilla warmer or in a clean kitchen towel.
Serve your shrimp fajitas in the skillet together with the tortillas.
Dinner is ready to serve.
How to Store Shrimp Fajitas
You have several ways to store any leftover fajitas. In all cases let the fajitas cool completely before storing. Keep the fajitas separate from the shrimp filling else the tortillas can go soggy:
- Refrigerator – you can store the filling in an airtight food container and keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days or however long you are comfortable with storing shrimp in the fridge
- Freezer – want to keep it longer you can store it in the freezer. Put the filling in a freezer-friendly food container and wrap the tortillas in foil or in a resealable bag. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 2 months
How To Reheat Shrimp Fajitas
You have several options to reheat your shrimp fajitas. If you stored them in the freezer let them thaw in the fridge first:
- Cast iron skillet – preheat the cast-iron skillet to medium hot and add some olive oil. Add the leftover shrimp filling. Heat the tortillas in the oven, toaster, or microwave
- Air Fryer – you can also reheat it in the Air Fryer. Preheat the Air Fryer to 375℉ for 3 minutes Put the leftover shrimp fajitas in a cake pan and wrap with foil that way the moisture stays inside. Heat for 3-4 minutes. You can also heat the tortillas in the Air Fryer. Wrap in foil and put it inside to warm
- Oven – the oven is also a great way to reheat your shrimp fajitas. Preheat the oven to 400℉ and put the leftover shrimp fajitas in an oven-safe dish. Cover with aluminum foil and heat for 5 minutes. Add the tortillas wrapped in foil as well
More Fajitas Recipes
Looking for more delicious fajitas recipes? Take a look at these recipes. I am sure you will love them:
- Pulled chicken fajitas – If you love chicken, you definitely have to try this pulled chicken fajitas recipe. Just a great recipe
- Pork fajitas – pork shoulder fajitas is another great fajita recipe. With this recipe, you cannot go wrong
- Steak fajitas – is also a fast recipe. Let the steak rest for the best result and you have a delicious fajita
- Mushroom fajitas – if you do not like meat or just want to eat meatless for a day this vegan mushroom fajita is perfect for that. Meaty mushrooms make you forget all about meat
- Brisket beef fajitas – tender brisket fajitas. Slow cook the meat until it falls apart and you can enjoy the best beef fajitas
I hope you love this shrimp fajita as much as I do. Have fun making this recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS IN YOUR INBOX!
Looking for the best shrimp fajita then this recipe is for you. Simple, easy and fast. These shrimp fajitas are on the table in less than 15 minutes.
- 6 small tortillas
- 300 gram Shrimp
- 1 small red Bell pepper
- 1 small white Onion
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mexican or fajitas seasoning
- 10 plum or cherry tomatoes halved
- Heat a cast iron skillet and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Sauté the peppers first before adding the onion
- Add the garlic and the halved plum tomatoes when the peppers and onions are getting soft. Take about 4-5 minutes. Stir through
- Take the vegetables out the skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet
- Let the pan go hot again. Add the shrimp to the pan and leave them for a couple of seconds before stirring (note 1)
- Cook the shrimp for 4 to 5 minutes moving them around in the skillet. Add the bell pepper and onion mix and let it warm through
- Warm the tortillas (see note 2 or note 3)
- Serve your shrimp fajitas in the skillet together with the tortillas
Shop This Recipe
Note 1 - You want to prevent the shrimp from sticking to the pan and tearing apart Note 2 - You can warm the tortillas either in the oven or in skillet. If you want to warm them in the oven set to 400℉/200℃ and warp the tortillas in aluminium foil. Warm for 8-10 minutes Note 3 - If you want to warm them in a skillet just heat the pan and let your tortilla warm for about half a minute per side. Keep warm in a tortilla warmer or in clean kitchen towel
Calories: 419; Fat: 21.5g; Carbs: 30g; Protein: 27g;