Not spending a lot of time in the kitchen today. So are you ready to learn how to make shredded chicken enchiladas? Let’s get started!
No one wants to spend hours in the kitchen on a Monday evening and with this recipe, you can be done within an hour of which the large part the dish is in the oven.
Just let it cook in the oven for half an hour. Enchiladas are a great recipe and you can make it ahead of time.
So double all the quantities, store in the freezer and you have something to look forward to. A lot of my recipes contain chicken and that is because… I love chicken.
It is just as simple. Chicken is very versatile can be prepared very fast and it can adopt a lot of flavors.
Want to see how you can make this simple shredded chicken enchiladas recipe? Watch the recipe video with step by step instructions so you can follow along.
Shredded Chicken Enchiladas Ingredients
To make this shredded chicken enchiladas recipe you need quite a number of ingredients. So put the following ingredients on your grocery shopping list:
- Small tortilla
- Enchilada sauce
- Chicken breast filet
- Kidney beans
- Red bell peppers
- Chicken stock cube
- Grated hard Mozzarella cheese
How To Make Shredded Chicken Enchiladas
This recipe requires shredded chicken which you can easily make from scratch or you can use a rotisserie chicken.
To get shredded chicken you just put some water to the boil, add some chicken stock cube, and add a chicken breast filet.
Just leave it on a low simmer for about 20-25 minutes and you can shred the chicken. The easiest way is to take two forks and pull the chicken apart into small shreds of chicken.
In the meanwhile, you can prepare this great enchilada sauce recipe. It takes no more than 10 minutes to get it done. You can make it with oil or with vegetable butter.
When the chicken is done preheat your oven to 400℉/200℃. Now all you need to do is assemble the enchiladas with:
Put the enchilada together in this order and roll them uptight. Take the enchilada and put it in an oven dish.
Repeat this for the other enchiladas as well. I use small tortillas but you can use medium tortillas as well.
Now pour all of the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the enchilada before you decorate the enchiladas with Mozzarella cheese.
Then bake the enchilada for at least 30-35 minutes in the oven and you are ready to enjoy this delicious simple shredded chicken enchilada casserole.
Can You Make Shredded Chicken Enchiladas Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can. This recipe is a great meal to meal prep. You can make this dish ahead of time and store it for later use.
How To Store Chicken Enchiladas
The best way to serve this shredded chicken enchiladas recipe is freshly made but you can make ahead or store leftovers. There are a number of ways to store:
- Refrigerator – if you plan on eating this recipe within 3 to 4 days you can store this recipe in the fridge. You can leave it in the oven dish. It is important to wrap the oven dish up with cling film or aluminum foil. Preferably you put the enchiladas in an airtight container
- Freezer – if you want to keep this recipe longer you can store them in the freezer. It is recommended to store them in an airtight container
Reheat Shredded Chicken Enchiladas
You can easily reheat your chicken enchiladas. Make certain they are thawed before you reheat. You can reheat them in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 400℉/200℃ and put the enchiladas in an oven dish. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and reheat it in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until warm inside.
Other Pulled Meat Recipes
You can make so many recipes with pulled meat here a selection of recipes with pulled meat that you can visit:
- Pulled chicken fajitas – pulled chicken works really well in this fajitas recipe
- Healthy enchilada – another delicious enchilada recipe with chicken, spinach, and egg
- Tender brisket beef fajitas – slow-cooked beef brisket is super soft
- Pulled pork shoulder fajitas – pork shoulder is also slow-cooked for the best result
- Tenderloin carnitas – this pork carnitas is simple but really delicious
Have fun with this simple shredded chicken enchiladas recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Enchiladas are a great recipe that you can make meal prep. Just put it in the oven. So give these simple shredded chicken enchiladas a try!
- 6 small tortilla
- enchilada sauce
- 1 chicken breast filet into shredded chicken
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 2 cups of hard grated Mozzarella cheese
- Boil a pan with water and add a stock cube and the chicken breast filet. Boil for 20-25 minutes
- Pre heat oven at 400℉
- Make the enchilada sauce or use ready made
- Shred the chicken
- Take a small tortilla. Add some enchilada sauce, then some chicken, kidney beans, bell pepper and onion
- Fold tightly and put in a oven dish
- Repeat for all 5 other tortillas
- Then pour the remaining enchilada sauce on the enchiladas
- Decorate with Mozzarella cheese
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes
- Serve directly
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 518; Fat: 9.5g; Carbs: 67.1g; Protein: 44.5g;