Made with tasty soft Mexican steak bites and a handful of additional ingredients, they are so easy to make. So if you are looking for a simple and easy weeknight recipe give these tacos a try! You will be a fan for life. Are you ready to learn how to make Mexican steak tacos? Let’s get started!
Mexican street tacos or Carne Asada tacos are a super-fast recipe and so colorful with all the peppers you use in this recipe.
As always you can add more ingredients to make them even better. See down below for more ingredient options you can add.
The steak bites are cut into cubes and don’t need any time to marinate time.
That is why this recipe is such a favorite because if you have little time you can still have this dish on the table in no time.
Make the steak bites in a cast-iron skillet for the best flavor. You can also prepare your steaks on the grill and cut them into cubes when you are preparing your tacos.
If you are gluten intolerant just substitute the flour tortillas with corn taco shells and you have a great gluten-free dinner.
Mexican Steak Tacos Ingredients
If you want to make this steak taco recipe you only need a handful of ingredients.
The steak bites are the main ingredient but have the following ingredients ready when you start:
- Steak bites
- Sweet red pepper
- Flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- Iceberg lettuce
How To Make Mexican Steak Tacos
Then heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet so you can sauté the onion, garlic, and sweet red pepper until soft and translucent. This takes about 4-5 minutes.
Cut the mushrooms in 4 and add to the skillet. Add the mushrooms to the pan and pan-fry until they are nice and brown which will take about 3 minutes.
Now it is time to preheat the oven to 400℉ and warm the flour tortillas. Wrap the tortilla in aluminum foil so no tortilla is visible and warm them in 7-8 minutes.
This way the tortillas will stay soft and warm instead of warm and crunchy.
Cover the skillet with aluminum foil as well and put them in the over as well to warm. You can do this while you are warming the flour tortillas.
Now it is time to prepare your tacos:
- Tortillas – take a warm tortilla and sprinkle some sliced iceberg lettuce on it
- Mushroom mix – then add two to three tablespoons of bell pepper mushrooms mix on top
- Steak bites – finally add the steak bites
What Kind Of Steak Do You Use For Tacos?
You can use all types of steak for your steak tacos. However, for this carne asada or grilled steak tacos it is best to use:
- Flank steak
- Skirt steak
- Sirloin steak
These are all a lean cut of beef. Cook medium to medium rare and thinly slice before stacking them in a taco.
This steak is perfect for tacos.
Serve Mexican Steak Tacos With
This recipe is great as it is but you can make it taste even better. Take a look at the following recipes that you can add or eat with these tacos:
- Pico de gallo – a great dip that you can sprinkle on top of your tacos. It has a sharp taste that fits perfectly with the steak bites
- Garlic mushrooms – are a great addition to your taco recipe. Especially garlic and this steak is a delicious combination
- Guacamole – tacos and avocado guacamole is a great combination. Give this perfect fit a try
- Mexican potatoes – a great side dish to serve with tacos
- Spicy Tex-Mex rice – rice and tacos are a perfect combination
- Chimichurri – this is a great sauce that you can add to your steak tacos
- Mexican street corn rice – a tasty side dish for all your Mexican meals. Super easy to make
More Taco Recipes
If you love tacos you are in the right place because you can find a lot of taco recipes on the Tortilla Channel:
- The best beef tacos
- Ground turkey tacos
- Huevos rancheros tacos
- Fish tacos
- Pork carnitas taco
- Falafel burger pita taco
- Keto fresh fish taco
I hope you love these steak tacos as much as I do. Have fun making these Mexican steak tacos!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
This taco recipe is the best! These Mexican steak tacos are made with soft tortillas and delicious steak bites seasoned with Mexican seasoning.
- 300 gram Steak bites
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200 gram Mushrooms
- ½ sweet red point pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Iceberg lettuce
- Start with making the steak bites in 6 minutes and set aside
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Sauté the onion, garlic and red point pepper until soft and translucent. This takes about 4-5 minutes
- Cut the mushrooms in 4 and add to the skillet. Pan fry until the mushrooms are nice and brown this will take 3 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400℉/200℃ and warm the tortillas wrapped in aluminum foil for about 7-8 minutes.
- Warm the steak bites in the oven covered with aluminum foil in the oven for 5 minutes while warming the tortillas
- Stack the tacos, starting with sliced iceberg lettuce then two to three tablespoons mushrooms mix and then the steak bites
- Ready to serve
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 337; Fat: 11.7g; Carbs: 25.5g; Protein: 33.4g;