If you love tacos you need to try this taco sauce because it makes your tacos taste even better. A soft and creamy sauce that you put on the table in no time. So are you ready to learn how to make taco sauce? Let’s get started!
You can dress up your tacos to make them taste even better adding:
But what will really transform your tacos is an amazing sauce. This taco sauce is a great example.
This taco sauce is not only really easy to make but also stores really well. So make a big batch so you can use it when you need it.
One thing is certain once you tried this sauce you will want it again and again.
Tacos Sauce Ingredients
So what is taco sauce made of? To make this sauce you need a number of ingredients. Have the following ready when you start with this sauce:
- Tomato sauce/ tomato puree/ tomato passata/ canned tomatoes
- Taco seasoning
- Olive oil
How To Make Taco Sauce
This is the easiest sauce you ever made. Start with peeling and finely chopping the onion.
Mince the garlic. Preheat a skillet to medium-hot and add olive oil. Add the onion and stir continuously.
Then add the minced garlic and stir until soft and translucent. This takes about 3 minutes.
Add the tomato sauce or tomato puree, which is pureed tomato. You can also use a can of whole tomatoes.
Do not use tomato paste as this concentrated tomato and has a more sour taste.
Stir the ingredients together before you add taco seasoning. Add a little bit of water to stir it into a smooth sauce.
Let it simmer for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
Can I Make Taco Sauce Ahead?
Yes, this taco sauce recipe is great to make ahead of time. The sauce gets more flavor if you make it in advance.
The spices in the taco seasoning give the sauce extra flavor and depth.
Taco Sauce Add Ons
You can make your sauce taste even better. You can add the following additions:
- Hot sauce
- Cayenne pepper
How To Store Taco Sauce
You have a number of ways to store this recipe. This recipe makes about 2 cups so if you have more than you can eat you can store it:
- Refrigerate – put the sauce in a glass jar or an airtight container and store it in the fridge
- Freeze – you can also store his sauce in the freezer. If you put it in the freezer divide the sauce into portions so you can use what you need. You can use an ice cube maker for this e.g.
Thaw and warm the sauce. As it will be more watery due to freezing give the sauce a good stir or warm it before serving.
How Long Does Taco Sauce Last In The Fridge?
Once the sauce cooled completely you can pour it into an air-tight food container or a glass jar.
Store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. It can also be frozen in a or a resealable Ziploc bag for 3 to 4 months.
Great Alternatives For Taco Sauce
If taco sauce isn’t your thing, there are a lot of good options out there to add to your tacos or taco salads!
More Taco Recipes
If you love tacos and want to use this sauce, take a look at these recipes:
Have fun trying this fast and super tasty sauce recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
The best taco sauce is on the table in no time. It is quick and easy and super tasty condiment. This taco sauce makes any taco taste better.
- 350 ml tomato sauce/tomato passata / canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic
- Preheat a skillet to medium-hot. Add olive oil before adding the onion. Stir to soften and add the minced garlic
- Stir continuously until soft and translucent this takes about 3 minutes
- Add the tomato sauce and mix with the onion then add the taco seasoning. Stir again and add water
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes
- Ready to serve
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 103; Fat: 7g; Carbs: 9g; Protein: 2g;