Yes, if you have some turkey and tortillas you can make these delicious turkey quesadillas. On the table in no time. So are you ready to learn how to make turkey quesadillas with cheese? Let’s get started!
A Super Easy Quesadilla Recipe
This is such an easy recipe. You can make them with slices of turkey, leftover turkey, or even ground turkey.
Using slices of turkey makes this recipe even easier.
So when you are stressed about time and want to make something fast or you want to serve something different for lunch this is your recipe.
You can add more ingredients like e.g:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bell peppers
- Red onions
Cheese To Use In Quesadillas
There are a variety of shredded cheeses or a combination of cheese in your quesadillas. You can use:
- Chihuahua cheese
- Grana Padano
- Monterey Jack
Turkey Quesadilla Ingredients
To make this quesadilla recipe you need a handful of ingredients. Put the following on your grocery shopping list:
- burrito size flour tortillas
- Slices turkey
- Small onion
- Grated cheese
How To Make Turkey Quesadillas With Cheese
To make this recipe start with slicing the onion into thin slices.
Preheat a cast-iron skillet to medium and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Brush the skillet with the oil.
Do not heat too high else the flour tortilla will get brown too fast. You want to melt the cheese so keep the temperature to medium.
Put a burrito-size flour tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle lettuce in a straight line in the middle of the tortilla.
Then use half of the sliced onion and put it on top of the lettuce. Now add the slices of turkey on top and finish with the grated cheese.
Heat until the tortilla starts to brown. Be careful as a tortilla can go brown really fast.
Fold the right side of the tortilla over all the ingredients and then fold the left side of the tortilla to the right. You have a small parcel.
Flip the quesadilla and let it brown as well. Take the quesadilla out of the pan and cut it into wedges.
Repeat for the remaining quesadillas.
Can You Make Turkey Quesadillas ahead of time?
Yes, you can make these turkey quesadillas ahead of time. However, as quesadillas are very fast to prepare you will only have a small advantage.
If you plan on preparing quesadillas in advance do not cut them into wedges yet.
Just fold the quesadillas and store them. That way it is much easier to reheat them.
How To Store Leftover Turkey Quesadillas
If you plan on storing quesadillas do not cut them into wedges because the filling may fall out.
Let the quesadillas cool completely and then store them:
- Refrigerator – you can store your quesadillas in the fridge. You can keep them for up to 1 or 2 days. Leave them folded and put them in an airtight food container (recommended option), wrap them in aluminum foil, a resealable bag, or plastic wrap (least recommended as plastic is very bad for the environment)
- Freezer – another great method to store quesadillas is to use the freezer. Put the leftover quesadillas in a freezer-friendly food container or wrap them in aluminum foil. You can keep it for up to 3 months
How To Reheat Turkey Quesadillas
When you made turkey quesadillas ahead of time and want to reheat these quesadillas let them thaw in the refrigerator if frozen.
You have several ways to reheat quesadillas:
- Cast-iron skillet – preheat a cast-iron skillet to medium with oil. Brush the bottom of the skillet with the oil. Put the quesadilla in the skillet and warm it through. This takes a couple of minutes. Take out of the skillet and cut into wedges
- Oven – you can reheat quesadillas in an oven as well. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Wrap the leftover quesadillas in aluminum foil and put the quesadillas in the oven for 5 minutes or until warm
- Air Fryer – you can reheat quesadillas in an Air Fryer. Preheat your Air Fryer to 325℉ for 3 minutes. Again wrap the quesadillas in tin foil and warm for 3 minutes or until warm
Can I Use Leftover Turkey In Turkey Quesadillas?
Yes, if you have leftover turkey you can use it to make quesadillas. Shred the leftover turkey and season with some quesadilla seasoning.
Instead of putting sliced turkey on top of the flour tortillas, you can use shredded turkey.
Add some grated cheese on top.
Warm in a skillet and fold the tortilla so you can cut it into wedges.
Can I Use Ground Turkey In Turkey Quesadillas?
Yes, you can use ground turkey in this turkey quesadilla recipe. Prepare the ground turkey in a cast-iron skillet.
Add 1 tablespoon quesadilla seasoning and 1-2 tablespoons tomato puree. Take a look at these ground turkey tostadas if you are looking for a recipe.
More Quesadilla Recipes
If you like quesadillas then you are in the right place because we have a lot of quesadilla recipes like:
- Cheese quesadillas
- Roast beef quesadillas
- Egg quesadillas
- Mushroom quesadillas
- BBQ chicken quesadillas
- Spinach quesadilla
- Cuban quesadillas
Made a recipe please tag @thetortiliachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST, and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
These turkey quesadillas with cheese are great to serve for lunch or dinner. They are easy to make and on the table in no time.
- 2 burrito size flour tortillas
- 4 slices turkey
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon quesadilla seasoning
- 4 tablespoons grated Grana Padano cheese
- 1 cup lettuce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Finely slice the onion
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet to medium and add 1 tablespoon oil. Brush the skillet with oil
- Put a burrito-size flour tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle lettuce in a straight line. Use half of the sliced onion, the slices of turkey and finish with the Grana Padano
- Heat the tortilla until they start to brown. Be careful as a tortilla can go brown really fast
- Fold the right side of the tortilla over all the ingredients and then fold the left side of the tortilla to the right. You have a small parcel
- Flip the quesadilla and let it brown as well. Take the quesadilla out of the pan and cut into wedges. Repeat for the remaining quesadilla
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 799; Fat: 39g; Carbs: 75g; Protein: 38g;