Made with homemade oats and homemade peanut butter. If you will think this takes a ton of time I can promise you it is not. You need a good food processor or blender that can handle oats and nuts and you are halfway there. Ready to learn how you can make these uber delicious vegan banana peanut butter pancakes? Let’s get started!
There are about a million ways to make pancakes and this recipe is showing yet another way for you to make pancakes.
In this case, the pancakes are vegan as we are not using any dairy or eggs but full of flavor. This recipe is also gluten-free as it is made with oats flour.
You can easily make oats flour yourself. All you need is a good food processor, add the oats and let it run until it turns into flour.
Vegan pancakes ingredients
To make these banana oats pancakes you need just a couple of ingredients on your grocery list. Put the following ingredients on your list:
- Oats flour
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- Sunflower oil
How to make banana peanut butter pancakes
To make this peanut butter pancakes recipe you need an egg replacement that can hold a pancake together. In this recipe, the egg replacement is made from flaxseed.
Start with grinding 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds in a mortar and pestle or use a coffee grinder to turn it into a flax meal.
Add some water so the flaxseeds can set. On to the oats flour. Take ¾ to a cup of oats and put it in your food processor.
Turn it on and let it turn into oats flour. That is all there is to it. Add it to your flex seeds mixture and stir through.
Dairy-free milk options
Now it is time for the milk in this case almond milk but you can also use:
- soy milk
- coconut milk
- hazelnut milk
- walnut milk
- cashew milk
Making the batter
While adding the milk and whisk it into a batter before you add the banana. I like my banana not too ripe when I eat them.
The texture changes when they get too ripe and for some reason, it less appealing when they are all brown and soft.
As the banana gets mashed it is not a problem if it is a little spotty and brown. The banana will have more flavor this way.
Mash it first and then add it to the batter. Whisk the banana through the batter and stir in two tablespoons of (homemade) peanut butter as the finishing touch.
To bake the pancakes I use a big pancake pan and some sunflower oil. Brush some oil in the pan and take two big spoons of batter.
Swirl it into the pan and let it set before turning the pancakes and baking the other side. This recipe yields about 6 pancakes.
If the batter is to thick just add some extra almond milk or water. Serve with icing sugar, syrup or fruit. Totally yum!
Other pancake recipes
If you love pancakes take a look at these delicious pancake recipes:
- Sweet Dutch baby pancakes
- Traditional Dutch pancakes
- Easiest fluffy coconut flour pancakes
- Sweet pancake muffin bites
- Fluffy pancakes
- Simple crepes
How can you store pancakes
If you are wondering if you can store these pancakes or make them ahead of time? The answer is yes you can.
All you need to do is put the pancakes on a plate and let them cool. Then cover with foil and put it in the fridge.
You can also put them in the freezer wrapped in tin foil. I never roll them up when freezing but you can do this well and put them in a freezer proof container. Just thaw before using them again.
Best way to reheat pancakes
There are a number of ways you can reheat your pancakes. If you have frozen pancakes make sure you thaw them first.
- Boiling water – Take a big pot of hot water and put a plate on top of the bowl. Put the pancakes on the plate and cover with a lid. Let it sit for 10 minutes and your pancakes will be warm
- Oven – Preheat your oven to 400℉/200℃ and wrap the pancakes in tin foil. Put them in for 7-9 minutes and your pancakes are warm
- Microwave – put the pancakes on a plate and cover with foil and put them in the microwave. Warm at 800W for 1 minute and check if the pancakes are warm and extend with another minute
See how to make vegan banana peanut butter pancakes
Want to see how to make vegan banana peanut butter pancakes? Watch the instruction video to follow along.
I hope you enjoy this how to make vegan banana peanut butter pancakes recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
This is one great recipe that I am sharing today. Pancakes! Vegan banana peanut butter pancakes. Super yummy so lets get started!
- 2 tbsp flaxseed ground into flax meal
- 2 tbsp warm water
- ¾ cup oats flour
- 1 banana mashed
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup of sunflower oil
- Grind the flaxseeds into meal or take two 2 tbsp of flax meal
- Add 2 tbsp of warm water to the meal, stir and set it aside for 5 minutes
- Add ¾ cup oats flour to the flax meal mixture and stir
- Whisk ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk slowly into the flour mixture to prevent lumps
- Mash 1 ripe banana and whisk into the batter as well
- Add 2 tbsp of peanut butter and whisk into the batter as well
- A pinch of salt
- Heat a pan medium to high and brush some sunflower oil into the pan
- Bake the pancakes
- Ready to serve
Shop This Recipe
Add water or more almond mild if batter is too thick. Serve with icing sugar, agave syrup or fresh fruit.
Calories: 251; Fat: 21.8g; Carbs: 11.1g; Protein: 4.5g;