In fast with just veggies, you can make a tasty quesadilla. All you need is a bite to make it interesting. Even with a limited number of vegetables, you can make great quesadillas. So are you ready to learn how to make this vegetable quesadillas recipe? Let’s get started!
A Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas Recipe
Roasting vegetables in a cast-iron skillet add a little extra taste to this dish.
You can serve it as a snack, lunch, or appetizer. Using fresh ingredients adds to the flavor.
This recipe is a starting point but with so many vegetable options you can add even more ingredients or discard the ones you do not like.
You can season the vegetables with some salt and pepper or add quesadilla seasoning but it is not a must, to be honest.
This recipe contains grated cheese but you can omit or use nutritional yeast to add a cheese flavor.
Vegetable Quesadilla Ingredients
To make this vegetable quesadillas recipe you need the following ingredients. Put them on your grocery shopping list and have them ready when you start:
- Flour tortillas
- Sweet red bell peppers
- Olive oil
- Shredded cheese
- Quesadilla seasoning
How To Make Vegetable Quesadillas
To make this fat vegetable quesadillas recipe you need to prep your ingredients.
The cooking is done in a matter of minutes.
Start with finely dicing the onion, the scallion chopping the bell peppers, slicing the mushrooms, and mince the garlic.
Now take a skillet or grill pan and preheat to medium-hot.
Add two tablespoons of olive oil then add the onion and bell peppers. Stir continuously until the vegetables are soft then add the mushrooms and garlic.
You can add a teaspoon of quesadilla seasoning if you like.
Stir until the mushrooms are cooked and brown. Then put the vegetables in a bowl and set them aside.
Wipe down your skillet and ½ tablespoon olive oil. Add a (homemade) tortilla and put ¼ of the veggie mixture in the middle of the tortilla.
Sprinkle some sliced scallion on top of the vegetable mix. If you like you can add cheese on top of the vegetables.
Leave the tortilla until it starts to brown then fold the right side of the tortilla over the vegetable mix, then fold the left side over the vegetables.
Turn the tortilla so the top side of the quesadilla can brown as well.
Watch carefully as tortillas brown really fast.
Take the quesadilla out of the pan and cut it into wedges. Repeat for the remaining tortillas and serve immediately.
What Else Can You Put On A Quesadilla?
If you want to make vegetarian quesadillas you still have lots of options to put on your quesadillas.
You can add:
- Black beans
- Refried beans
- Red onions
- Bell peppers
- Chili pepper
- Sun-dried tomatoes
You can add cheese but if you want a vegan dish with a hint of cheese flavor you can sprinkle some nutritional yeast on your quesadilla toppings.
How To Store Leftover Quesadillas
Let the veggie quesadillas cool completely before storing. You have several options to store your quesadillas:
- Refrigerator – you can store your quesadillas in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you want to store them do not cut them in wedges but leave them folded. Store them in an airtight food container (recommended option), wrap them in aluminum foil, or use a resealable bag (least recommended option)
- Freezer – you can also store quesadillas in the freezer. Put the leftover quesadillas in a freezer-friendly food container or wrap them in aluminum foil. You can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months
How To Reheat Veggie Quesadillas
You have several ways to reheat your vegetable quesadillas:
- Cast-iron skillet – preheat a cast-iron skillet to medium and add a little bit of oil. Brush the bottom of the skillet with the oil. Put the quesadilla in the skillet and warm it through. This takes a couple of minutes to flip and then heat the other side as well. Take out of the skillet and cut into wedges
- Oven – you can also reheat quesadillas in an oven. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Wrap the leftover quesadillas in aluminum foil and put the quesadillas in the oven. Warm for 5-7 minutes or until warm
- Air Fryer – an Air Fryer is great for reheating quesadillas. Preheat your Air Fryer to 325℉ for 3 minutes. Again wrap the quesadillas in tin foil and warm for 3-5 minutes or until warm
More Quesadilla Recipes
We love quesadillas so if you do too we have a lot of different recipes. Some of our favorites are:
- Shrimp quesadillas
- Turkey quesadillas
- Spinach quesadillas
- Cheese quesadillas
- Cuban quesadillas
- Egg cheese quesadillas
Made a recipe please tag @thetortiliachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST, and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS IN YOUR INBOX!
This vegetable quesadillas recipe is so easy to make. You can add your favorite veggies and serve them as a snack, lunch or an appetiser.
- 4 tortillas
- 1 onion
- 1 sweet red bell peppers
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups shredded cheese like mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely dice the onion, chop the bell peppers, mince the garlic and slice the mushrooms. Now take a skillet or grill pan and preheat to medium-hot
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil then add the onion and bell peppers. Stir continuously until the vegetables are soft and translucent
- Now add the mushrooms and garlic. Stir until the mushrooms are soft and brown
- Take the veggies out of the pan and put them in a bowl. Set aside
- Wipe down your skillet and ½ tablespoon olive oil. Add a tortilla and put ¼ of the veggie mixture in the middle of the tortilla
- Sprinkle some sliced scallion on top of the vegetable mix. If you like you can add cheese on top of the vegetables
- Leave the tortilla until it starts to brown then fold the right side of the tortilla over the vegetable mix, then fold the left side over the vegetables
- Watch carefully as tortillas brown really fast
- Turn the tortilla so the top side of the quesadilla can brown as well
- Take the quesadilla out of the pan and cut it into wedges. Repeat for the remaining tortillas and serve immediately
Shop This Recipe
Calories: 437; Fat: 26g; Carbs: 37g; Protein: 16g;